Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Things


Hi,

There was a little rain in the morning, and that was it.  The rest of the day was cloudy with moments of sunshine. 

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song picked up some quick responses.  Here’s the second verse:  “I never wanted to be your weekend lover.  I only wanted to be some kind of friend.  Baby, I could never steal you from another, it’s such a shame our friendship had to end.  __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __, __ __.  I only want to see you underneath the __ __.”  Clue:  There is royalty involved and for the purposes of identification, symbols will not be accepted.

Today felt a lot like a Monday.  Since yesterday was a holiday, I suppose the fact that Monday felt like Sunday has something to do with it.  At any rate, it was a day for going to the stores for ‘supplies’.  After we left the hospital, we drove down the highway to Makro for a few items, and then on to Big C.  That’s where the shopping happens these days.  It was busy in the whole complex and my theory is that it was Monday for a bunch of folks.  

This morning, on our way to Bangkok Hospital, we passed Cat’s university.  While sitting at the red light that intersects with the campus, Lisa counted 24 motorbikes crossing the highway.  Not all of them were going to the school, but the little community around the campus is growing.  Cat told us there are several new gyms next to the campus and a few more in the area.  Physical fitness training has definitely come to Chiang Rai.

I mentioned last week that a new plant arrangement was being put up at The Wanderer.  Here is a photo of the new look for the waterfall.


This afternoon I went into the pool for the first time in a long time.  Lisa couldn’t join me because she needs to keep her ankle dry.  It took me a few minutes to get in, the water was chilly to me, but once in, I managed some mild exercise.  If it doesn’t rain too much, I might even do it again tomorrow (5).

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“Great things are done 
by a series of small things
brought together.”
~Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: