Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Win


Hi,

We’re still in the chilly morning, almost warm afternoon phase.  I don’t know what season this really is.  Some of the plants also seem confused.  As usual, the forecast promises warmer nights in a few days (555).

The first ‘One Hit Wonder’ group was The Five Stairsteps and their hit song “O-o-h Child”.  I know, I didn’t ‘spell’ it like that, but you would have known if you knew (555).  The ‘Middle Song’ is from ’67.  See if you remember this:
“Good mornin’ sun I say it’s good to see you shinin’.  I know my baby brought you to me.  She kissed me yesterday, hello your silver linin’.  Got spring and summer runnin’ through me.  Hey __ __ __ it’s good to have you back again, oh hey, __ __ __ her lovin’ is the medicine that saved me, oh I love my baby.”  Hint:  The title is actually a number that is vital to good health.  The singer went by his first name only. 

The coronavirus has been getting a lot of press lately.  I want to set your minds at ease and let you know that we are not in any danger.  We have been staying away from densely crowded areas and doing the basics for staying healthy during times like these.  There is plenty of reading on that topic so it should be no mystery.  

Today was a very productive day.  The stuff on the list got done.  At the bank we signed up for accident insurance. We learned from friends, that accident insurance was something they provided for their staff.  Policies were set up for our ‘staff’ and today we got insurance for ourselves through our bank.  The cool thing about these policies is, you only have to present the insurance card to be treated.  From what we’re being told there is very little red tape.  Hmm.

There is a spot on the side of the house that has been a magnet for JaiDee.  Dogs can smell good stuff in underbrush and it becomes a challenge to find it.  This morning Lisa discovered the source: French fries.  Once Gong was made aware of it he realized that Nitchanan and her cousin Gop were the likely suspects.  Ah, life in the little village.

Today’s photo is one of my favorites of our two ‘little ones’.


The Chinese New Year celebration goes on for 11 days after ‘The Day’.  Tonight is the first night we haven’t heard live music in the area.  There is something happening, but it’s very faint, off in the distance.  Last night’s band was pretty good and that makes the intrusion easier to handle.  

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny

“Win as if you were used to it,
lose as if you enjoyed it for a 
change.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: