Monday, January 6, 2020

Beauty

Hi,

The air temps on the West Side of LA are gradually rising.  There is still a little chill in the air.  I can tell you that Saturday night on a hill-top can very cold.

Last week’s 'Old School Friday' song was “Smokey Joe’s Cafe” by The Coasters.  This week’s musical guests produced a lot of music.  Let’s see if you know this ‘Easy Monday' one:  “Friday night, it was late, I was walking you home, we got down to the gate.  And I was dreaming of the night, would it turn out right?  How to tell you, girl.  I wanna build my world around you, tell you that it’s true.  I wanna make you understand, I’m talking about a lifetime plan.”  Hint:  The song is about looking back, remembering.   

Friday we went to Pasadena, where we had lunch with our friends Frank and Linda.  Also at the lunch was Blue’s son, Ming.  We hadn’t seen him in many years.  It was good to hang out and learn more about his life.  Frank and I had a discussion about early Pasadena and how it evolved.  Ming filled Lisa in on art gallery practices, and we all talked about a possible boat luncheon next visit.  Linda told us about a teacher friend who had high praise for my mom as a school principal.  That was really cool.  After lunch we took Ming to Union Station downtown, so he could meet some friends.

After we dropped Ming off, we drove a short distance to China Town for a little shopping.  We found some of what we were looking for, and headed for our local mall for the rest.  We were trying to tie up loose ends on our outfits for cousin Sophia's quinceanera which was held on Saturday night.  When it was time for the event, we looked great (if I do say so myself).  Sophia texted me during the day to tell me about a little dance she wanted me to do.  All the guys were given an assignment, and that was to do a very short dance with her.  The party was held in Tarzana, at a country club.  The gathering of family and friends was a beautiful show of support.  The buffet dinner was food that we could eat, which usually never happens.  We had a lot of fun with the toddler cousins, especially when the music started.  

Today’s photo was taken Sunday night on La Cienega in the Restaurant Row district.


Sunday morning I took my first cake for 30 years of Recovery.  It was a wonderful occasion, with lots of friends that I’ve known for 20 to 30 years.  After the meeting we went to Tree House Thai for lunch with some friends.  

Have a Great Week.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Everything has beauty, but 
not everyone sees it.”
~Confucius

No comments: