Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Power

Hi,

It was a very windy day in Southern California.  It was also a warmer day and that made us very happy.  

Well, a few of you knew the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  I’m going to skip to the last verse because that’s where the title lives (555).  “Hurry, don’t be late, I can hardly wait.  I said to myself when we’re old.  We’ll go dancing in the dark, walking through the park and __.”  Clue:  Fondly remembering past events.

When we moved to Thailand, we had to leave behind boxes of my CDs and lots of T-shirts.  For a while they lived at my mom’s house, but then we had to move them.  Our friend Alan, who lives in Northridge, volunteered to store the CDs and T-shirts.  Alan is now moving to Prescott, Az. and so the journey of the CDs & T-shirts continues.  They have migrated to Cousin Wendy’s garage.  We eliminated a lot of ‘material’ and now there are only four containers.   

Cousin Wendy’s garage is more than a garage, it’s a sanctuary.  She loves animals and has become an advocate for homeless animals in her neighborhood.  There is a community of feral cats that comes to her for food.   
Below is a photo I titled ‘Ms. Wendy’s Cat Cafeteria for Wayward Felines.  


When we left Wendy’s, it was lunch time.  We decided to go to the mall for lunch, something we hadn’t done yet.  There were so many people there, it was intense.  After lunch we ended up at Best Buy, where I got a pair of wireless ear-buds.  I had checked out a famous brand, but they were a little steep for my budget.  I now have phones with no wires and a very nice sound.  That’s all I need.  

 We actually had a chance to take a nap in the afternoon.  In the evening we talked to Joe and that was good.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“The most common way
people give up their power is 
by thinking they don’t have any.”
~Alice Walker

No comments: