Thursday, January 9, 2020

Tennis


Hi,

I think the weather was mild again today, but I didn’t actually experience a thing.  I was inside all day, in bed.  

First off, let me apologize for not giving you a clue about this week’s ‘Middle Song’.  “Well, I was born in the sign of water, and it’s there that I feel my best.  The albatross and the whales, they are my brothers.  It’s kind of a special feeling when you’re out on the sea alone.  Staring at the full moon like a lover.  Time for a __ __, I know that it’s time for a __ __.”  Clue:  The song is calling for a new mellower way of doing things.  

Without getting into the price of gas, it’s still strange to have to pump one's gas.  They don’t let us do that at home.  It’s self-service everywhere you go.  I think the state of Oregon is like that.  It’s nice.

We have encountered some of the ‘new tech’ that is finding it’s way into our lives.  It seems that machines are doing more than they used to.  At the bank there seems to be fewer tellers and more devices.  They will even let you break down the denominations of the bills you wish to withdraw.  That seems pretty cool.  The many ways of paying for things is mind boggling.  The idea of waving your wrist over a sensor to pay for things or board an airplane is so Buck Rogers that it makes me smile.  Science fiction has become science reality.  That distant future is upon us.

I’d tell you about my day, but it was pretty boring.  I watched the Peach Bowl, tennis from Australia, and bits of news.

Today’s photo was taken last Friday when we had lunch with Frank and Linda White and Ming Johnson.


Today is moving day for us.  We’re packing everything up and going to the San Fernando Valley, where we’ll stay for the remainder of our visit.  We’ll be at t
he home of Valley Cousins Nowell and Jennifer.  New Hampshire Cousin Ellen and BF Gerry will also be in the house.  We fly out on Sunday night, so we have 4 days and 3 nights on the other side of the hill.  

As my attention fades I’ll say bye-bye.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                          Peace,
                                    Danny

“The depressing thing about tennis
is that no matter how good I get,
I’ll never be as good as a wall.”
~Mitch Hedberg

No comments: