Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Critic


Hi,

The weather man called it ‘mild’, and I suppose it was just that.  I enjoyed it, the not too hot, not too cold part.  Then, as the sun began to set that cold air showed up.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be warm all day (555).

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Reminiscing” by The Little River Band.  Here’s a ‘Middle Song’ from 1979:
“If there’s one thing in my life that’s missing, it’s the time that I spend alone.  Sailing on the cool and bright clear water.  Lots of those friendly people, they’re showing me ways to go, and I never want to lose their inspiration.  Time for a __ __.  I know that it’s time for a __ __….”  

Sometimes I think I’m still in my 20’s, that I can eat anything, won’t get sick and of course, know everything.  It takes a great deal to bring about a surrender.  Yesterday I admitted that I am getting some kind of cold.  I try to deny it because that would mean I’d have to stay in bed, take stuff and be still.  When I comply and do those things, you can be sure it has reached the level of surrender.  

We went out in the morning yesterday and did some light shopping.  When we got back to the house I knew I would not be a lively participant in the remaining activities of the day.  Lisa went out with Anna for tea and I started taking care of myself, which means I took cold stuff and stayed still.

After lunch Lisa drove out to Marina Del Rey for coffee with friends.  When you work with people over decades, some remain friends after the work part.  

There are things that can go unnoticed when visiting, and stuff that just smacks you in the face.  The glaring changes in the landscape cannot be missed.  The tall buildings, the missing shops, the large ‘box’ apartments have stolen the charm that was Culver City for us for so many years.  There are also improvements that make life ‘better’ and I’m still looking.  Until we rode around I hadn’t noticed how many houses had been converted to mini-mansions.  Some of the designs remind me of Thailand in that the remodeled structures go right to the edge of the property.  The only difference here is the sidewalk provides a buffer zone.  Here’s to the good old days.

We get pictures from home, but it’s hard to tell just how big JaiDee is from them.  Here’s a pic from 5 months.  He will be 6 months after we return.  By all accounts he’s growing (555).


It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

“I don’t listen to what art critics say.
I don’t know anybody who needs a 
critic to find out what art is."
~Jean-Michel Basquiat

No comments: