Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Funnies


Hi,

The weather was decidedly cooler yesterday.  Even though they say it’s all relative, cold will always be cold to me.

The ‘Middle Song’ this week was “Cool Change” by The Little River Band.  I’ll bet you remember their ‘Old School Friday’ offering:  “__ __, baby, got you on my mind.  __ __, baby, got you on my mind.  I’m so happy for you baby, now that you’ve found somebody new.  I see it in your eyes, Lord, it’s no surprise.  What he can do for you…”  Hint:
A phrase used to commemorate a memorable event.

We started our packing for the move to the valley after breakfast.  Once my symptoms settled down, I felt a little better.  I put on a pair of socks to shield my feet from the cold tile floor, but didn’t put on shoes.  That was my mistake.  While stepping up into the bathroom, my right foot slipped out from under me and I fell forward.  I caught myself but did so with my right hand in such a way that my fingers bent back.  Ouch!  We iced it right away, and I could move my fingers but there is swelling and deep bruises on two knuckles.  Now I have something to distract me from my cold (555).

Anna suggested that we take the Coldwater Canyon Drive route to get to the valley, since that would be our exit from the freeway.  It was definitely a more scenic way to go.  It had been years since we were in that part of the city.  Some of the homes were quite beautiful, and some a bit gaudy, but still cool to see.  I counted two yards that featured a Statue of Liberty in front of the house.  Really?  For those who have never done this drive, it starts in Beverly Hills and winds it’s way over the hill to the San Fernando Valley.  Coming to the crest of the hill and seeing the valley is quite a sight.

Some of you may remember a regular feature at one time called 'The Adventures of Mr. August'.  Well, we’re back with another installment.  In this episode Mr. August found use for an old TV monitor, some tubing and assorted extras.  He has created the 'Wireless Reclining Gaming Suite.  (I made up the name)


We arrived at Nowell and Jennifer’s in the early afternoon.  The Co-op market in Culver City provided us with lots of good stuff for lunch and it was overdue.  After partially unpacking it was time for a nap.  Waking up in the afternoon in a new place can be a little startling at first.  Like, ‘where am I?’, but I knew.  Even though the air outside is cold, there is a warmth that greets you.  Even though our hosts weren’t home, their hospitality was apparent.  Later we sat around the table and talked about everything from dogs to books to grandkids.  

There are two dogs here and that’s cool.  Lucy and Tina are very sweet and nice to have around.  Tina is a chocolate Labrador Retriever and Lucy is a little Shih Tzu.

I’ll probably write to you again from LAX on Sunday night (West Coast time).  Otherwise, I’d have to wait until Taipei and that would be two days later, after crossing the International Date Line.  It’s so complicated it makes my head hurt (555).  Anyway, see you next week.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.        Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny


No comments: