Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful

Hi,

Chiang Rai had another blue sky, puffy cloud day.  We’re hoping the night is clear so we can see the fireworks and lanterns as they rise above the river.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was remembered by several readers.  It’s definitely a zany tale.  Maybe you know this:
“She said she’d always been a dancer.  She worked at fifteen clubs a day.  And though she thought I knew the answer, well, I knew what I could not say.  And so I quit the police department, and got myself a steady job.  And though she tried her best to help me, she could steal but she could not rob.  Didn’t anybody tell her?  Didn’t anybody see?…”  Clue:  The title doesn’t really mean much to the song, except that one can sneak in through odd entrances and find a home.  There was probably a shower involved.

Everybody in our house has something going on physically that we’d like to be over.  My back is still being painful, Lisa's leg is still in the cast, Natcha has a sore back from carrying Nitchanan, and she has a cut on her foot, Gong has a cold, and the baby rotates between little kid stuff.  We were thinking a photo of all of us being pitiful would be funny.  We haven’t taken it yet, and it’s not really that funny (555).  Natcha got another healing product today and applied some to my back.  It might have helped a bit.  We’ll have to do more.  It helped her problem right away though, so there’s hope.

After researching on the GreenBus website, we went to 7-11 and I got a ticket to go to Chiang Mai.  I wanted to go tomorrow but they were sold out of morning tickets.  I got a round trip for Saturday so I can see our chiropractor/osteopath guy.  I thought about driving myself but I’d rather leave the driving to them.

This morning we went back to The Wanderer and had coffee and roti with our friend John.  It’s always a very light, spontaneous event when we get together.  The staff was very helpful with the chair and pampering Lisa.  

The lot next door to us is now in building mode.  Today they dug some holes and started installing the rebar footings that will be the weight-bearing pillars of the house.  Across the street, the big digging machine keeps moving dirt around and it’s looking like some grand ‘thing’ is going to be built.  Tomorrow I’m going to ask Gong to go over and be nosey.  We’ve just got to know.  

Meanwhile, around town, the games continue and contrary to the stories, the town is not in grid-lock and the stores still have food.  They still have a ways to go and things could change, but so far so good.  The official name of the games is The 46th Annual Thailand Games.  This event has quite a legacy and the communities and teams are very serious.  There is a page with a medal count and all of the Thai networks were in town for the opening and some of the events.  I guess we’re not a small town anymore.  Hmm.

Tonight is officially Loy Krathong and the fireworks have started early.  As I was driving home from PT I noticed the crowds filing into festival grounds.  At the entrance to the access road I noticed a display of shiny used cars for sale.  You can get anything you need at Loy Krathong.  

I’ll leave you with a few more photos from the opening ceremonies.  The first pic shows The Wild Boars football team, the boys who were trapped in the cave.  The second pic is a grand ceremonial wagon.



Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                         Peace, 
                                   Danny

“If you are really thankful,
what do you do?  You share.”
~W. Clement Stone

No comments: