Monday, November 26, 2018

Courage

Hi,

The ‘post card’ weather is holding here in Chiang Rai.  This morning it was noticeably cooler, but warming up by mid-day.  We like it like this.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “All I Have To Do Is Dream” by The Everly Brothers.  Here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ that should make you smile:  "__ there’s no heaven, it’s easy if you try.  No hell below us, above us only sky.  __ all the people living for today, ah ha.  __ there’s no countries, it isn’t hard to do.  Nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too.  __ all the people living life in peace…”  Hint: The title is something the mind can do.   

We spent the weekend at home listening to the revelry across the river.  Last night (Sunday) was one of the loudest of the week.  I went outside and heard at least three music sources, lots of playful screaming and the sound of various sizes of firecrackers.  There may be restrictions on the sale of certain fireworks, but you’d never know it by the sounds in the night.  

Gong went across the street to ask about the new construction they’re preparing for and the best we could get was that it will be a hotel or small resort.  I suppose that could be OK.  It would be a nice landmark for giving directions, better than Bed Villa (555).  The lot next door is either going to be a coffee shop or a single family dwelling.  By the looks of the bamboo marking off the size of the building, it’s more likely to be a coffee shop.  I can see it now, walking next door and hanging out with some fresh coffee.  Hmm.  

This morning we went to Overbrook Hospital for the ‘reading’ of my MRI.  Lisa went with me so we could both hear and discuss with the doctor.  The doctor explained the film and showed us what was generating the pain and why.  Without getting medical, it’s going to take medicine, therapy, rest and time.  That last one is the one that always gets me.  Patience flies out the window and in my mind I’m screaming ‘How long, how much time, when will I know’?  I simply smiled and said that I understood.  I must say that today is better than yesterday.  Here’s the ironic part:  On the one hand, I need to strengthen my back and abs, on the other hand, I’m taking muscle relaxers to ease the pressure on my spine.  You see my dilemma?  I’ll follow directions, but there's that nagging question (555).

After we finished with the doctor it was off to window 42 to pay the bill and get more medicine.  I asked for a CD of the MRI so I could show it to other doctors on my ‘team’  (5).  That meant going to another department.  Then we went to PT for new exercises.  When it was all over, it was a 2.5 hour excursion.  Life goes on.

While we were waiting for lunch, Nitchanan, who was off from school, came to our room and went straight for the books.  She gave each of us a book to read.  She kept the ‘Monkeys’ book since it’s her favorite.  I love how she gives us assignments and includes us in her play.  She also likes to help, whether it’s closing the curtains or brushing Daku.  The other day she was having a melt-down and Natcha asked her to help wash the dishes.  Instant cure for the melt and she was busy at the sink.


I just realized it’s quiet.  There is no noise outside.  The carnival was packed up today, along with the stage and the sound system.  Sometimes it’s the little things. 

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Most of us have far more
courage than we ever dreamed
we possessed.”
~Dale Carnegie

No comments: