Thursday, November 29, 2018

Energy

Hi,

It was definitely a cooler day today.  Anytime we can go through the day without using the air/con means it’s cooler.  This evening we had to turn on the air/con due to smokey air.  

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song has lots of friends out there.  “I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag.  I was schooled with a strap across my back.  But it’s all right now, in fact it’s a gas.  But it’s all right, I’m __ __ __, it’s a gas, gas, gas.”  Clue:  It’s by one of the oldest performing bands in R&R.  They just seem to keep rolling along.

For the last couple of days Natcha’s nephew Gop has been staying with them.  He’s about 8 or 9 years old and a very sweet boy.  He and Nitchanan get along great.  They play and have long conversations about whatever they know about.  This afternoon Gop played with Chopper and later I saw Gong playing football (soccer) with him.  

We had a quiet morning and that was good.  This afternoon I took a deep breath and went to the Thai version of the DMV.  When I walked in I was surprised to see a completely different configuration.  The counter I had my sights set on was gone.  What shall I do?  I went to the information window and, in broken English, was told to take a number and that it would be a wait.  After almost an hour of watching the ‘queue numbers’ stay the same, I asked what I should do.  That’s when she told me the internet had failed.  I guess the van registration renewal will have to wait.  

I think I drove more today than I have in about a week.  It was nice to be out in the world.  I made a few short stops and went back to the house, careful to take the ‘village short cut’ to our house.  Knowing a few tiny streets can make a difference in one’s composure during rush hour (555).

We are always amazed by the way certain things get over 8,000 miles from their origins and become a part of the local setting.  Today’s photo is a case in point.  Not quite half way between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai there is a big gas station with lots of shops and restaurants.  The photo is the window of a clothing shop.  Amazing Thailand.


Meanwhile, progress is being made on the coffee shop next door.  A cement truck came today and poured the first stage of the ‘footings’ and foundation.  It may be time for me to go and inspect the happenings.  Color me curious.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Energy and persistence
conquer all things.”
~Benjamin Franklin

No comments: