Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Education

Hi,

The day began with lots of clouds, then started to look like maybe it could rain.  Our ‘bring the rain’ system worked when Gong washed the van.  You guessed it, it rained.  It was light, but it was water from the sky.

Not too many nibbles on this one.  I’ll give you a big ‘Easy Monday’ hint: It’s not The Kingsmen.  Youtube link later.
“Me see Jamaica moon above, it won’t be long, me see my love.  I take her in my arms and then, me tell her I never leave again.  __, __, oh, oh, me gotta go…”  Clue:  Title is a name repeated.  The lead singer is backed by a group named after Egyptian kings.  

Things were a little weird this morning.  My ‘good night’s sleep’ didn’t really do much for the condition of my back. With my mobility on the sidelines, it was a stay in bed kind of day.  Standing and walking were OK, but there are things one must do after standing.  Leaning, stooping, bending were all off the table.  I don’t like pain, who does?  I set up an appointment with Dr. Happy for late afternoon.  I drove up to Mae Chan and arrived before appointment time.  There were three young men in the waiting room that I knew.  This made the time pass quickly.  It’s a good thing, because the doctor didn’t show up until later.  Two monks came in and I thought they might get special treatment but I was wrong.  I finally saw the doctor and he treated me with injections at the acupressure points. So far, things are better, but we’re still taking it easy.  

On my way home this evening I traveled down the Super Highway.  I can’t remember the last time I was on this highway at night.  There is a nightlife in some areas, with restaurants, shops and unknown attractions.  It’s interesting how many roads have two different lives.  There is the daytime life, with many closed up buildings that seem abandoned, routine shops and lunch tables, and the nighttime life full of bright lights and shiny people and cars.   

There seems to be a consensus that we need to stock up on supplies and stay at home during The Games.  I mentioned it to the doctor today and his response was, “Don’t go out”.  It would be cool if they were televised.  There’s a project while the back heals, search for channels that might broadcast them.  

Today’s photo was taken at Wat Pra Kaew.  A giant piece of green granite was found in the Mae Kong river and carved by a local artist many years ago.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                      Peace,
                                Danny

“Education is what remains
after one has forgotten what
one has learned in school.”
~Albert Einstein

No comments: