Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cross

Hi,

This morning it felt like winter.  The air was cold and crisp.  It never did warm up to the usual 85F.  They say it was 79F.  Tomorrow will be back to the mid 80s.  Wonderful weather for all the visitors from the colder climates.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Imagine” by John Lennon.  Now it’s time to get down with a ‘Zany Day’ song.  “I was born in a crossfire hurricane.  And I howled at my ma in the driving rain.  But it’s all right now, in fact it’s a gas.  But it’s all right, I’m __ __ __, it’s a gas, gas, gas."

We spent today hanging out at the house.  There was brief contemplation on where to go for coffee, but it felt good to be still.  I think my back is out of ‘crisis mode’ since I was able to get out of bed without the usual agony.  The problem is still there and it still reminds me, but I think the worst may be over.  

If I were superstitious I’d tell you that it’s going to rain because Gong washed the van.  I’m not going to say that, but now you know we have a clean van (555).  

This afternoon I went into town for a meeting.  Chiang Rai is really bustling with buses and vans and people from other places.  We’re really happy when this time of year comes because it means a boost for many local shop owners.  

Today’s photo was taken from the van while sitting in traffic.  I did a double take when I saw the tree since it’s still November.  Someone must have spent time in the States.


This was the last day of The Games.  Cat and some of her classmates were ask to participate in the closing ceremonies at the sports complex.  I hope it doesn’t get too cold.  I have no idea which provinces won which events, but I’m sure there will be a translation in the future.  It did a lot to bring elements of Chiang Rai closer together.

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                          Peace,
                                    Danny

“You can’t cross the sea
merely by standing and
staring at the water.”
~Rabindranath Tagore

No comments: