Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Destiny

Hi,

Our last morning in Chiang Mai was cloudy without rain.  There was the standard forecast, but it was dry for our trip home.  When we got to Chiang Rai, we could tell by some wet streets on the north side of town that it had rained recently.  It’s supposed to rain all week, but not steady rain of course.

‘Easy Monday’ was clearly easy for a bunch of you.  Here’s the second verse of this hot summer song.
“Whenever he calls my name, soft, low, sweet, and plain.  Right then, right there, I feel that burning flame.  Has high blood pressure got a hold on me or is this the way love’s supposed to be?  It’s like a __ __ burning in my heart…”  Hint:  It’s by a ‘Girl Group’ that had a string of hits in the 60s.  Billed as the lead singer plus her gang of vandals.

The first half of the day was going to the U.S. Consulate.  Due to the nature of security, they only allow parties that have business with the office, which meant I had to go alone.  I decided to take a minimum of stuff with me, since they want to see everything on your person.  When you have a lot of stuff, it takes a long time for them to sift through it all.  In the waiting area, I tried not to watch a reality-celebrity-cooking show.  At least they weren’t showing the news.

Summertime in Chiang Mai is a very busy place.  It’s already a haven in the north for expats, and when you add all the tourists, parts of town begin to look like someplace other than Thailand.  On my ride to and from the Consulate, I got to see morning in the various markets and what happens on the tiny streets.  My drivers were obviously using shortcuts.

We left town at 11:30 and arrived in Chiang Rai at 3:30pm.  That’s not bad, considering the slowing for the detour, a lunch stop and 2 coffee stops.  When we got home, it felt like we’d been on the road for twice as long.  It was a pretty busy weekend and we did have a non-stop Monday, so I guess we’re entitled to feel tired (555).

Today’s photo was taken at our lunch stop today.  Seeing this on the front door of a clothing shop, half way between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai required that I take a photo.  How did this happen?  Hmm.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“A person often meets his
destiny on the road he took
to avoid it.”
~Jean de La Fontaine

No comments: