Monday, May 7, 2018

Give

Hi,

We’re in the high 90s during the day and mid 70s at night.  Later in the week it’s supposed to rain again.  The lawn drains will be done by the next round of storms.  

‘Old School Friday’ was, of course, Gladys Knight & The Pips singing “Every Beat of My Heart”.  Since responses have been rather thin lately, here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ that will let everyone be a winner:  “I’ve paid my dues time after time.  I’ve done my sentence but committed no crime.  And bad mistakes, I’ve made a few, I’ve had my share of sand kicked in my face, but I’ve come through.  __ __ __ __, my friends.  And we’ll keep on fighting till the end.  __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __.  No time for losers ‘cause __ __ __ __, of the world.”  Hint:  By a group with a ‘royal’ title.  From across the pond in ’78.

The ripples from the ‘Imagine’ art exhibit are still happening.  More friends are posting photos, and more encouraging comments for our resident artist.  We have also concluded that we have some really nice friends.  The opening was like a party of people who mostly knew each other and came together to celebrate.  Cool.

This morning the crew arrived for the lawn drain project.  Khun Yee brought enough folks so they could work on the front and rear yards at the same time.  I am learning everyday that there are many things I do not know.  I have to have faith in the ones who say they know and let them do their thing.  Sometimes things don’t look the way I thought they should look, but they work anyway.  Yes, I’m talking about the lawn thing.  The concrete rings that hold the earth from collapsing in appear to be too high.  We mentioned it to Gong and he said it was like in his village, and it works.  OK, no need to get excited, just looked like logic had left the yard.  We shall see after the next storm.

Today’s photo is a guy in the front yard hole.  That’s how deep.  That’s Chopper supervising.


After things got started with the lawns, we suited up and went to the gym.  I know, how brave.  This time was a little more intense than the last visit and we felt it afterwards.  Nothing serious, just that tired feeling when one exerts oneself (555).  

The afternoon was spent being entertained by our respective muses.  Lisa painted in her studio and I practiced my music in the guest room.  While I was working in the guest room I had a view of the back yard.  Neechanon and two older cousins were in the pool.  Natcha joined them later in an effort to cool off.  It was a busy place.

Have a Great Week.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“He is no fool who gives what
 he cannot keep, to gain what 
he cannot lose.”
~Jim Elliot

No comments: