Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Days

Hi,

We’ve stopped looking at the forecasts.  We look to the sky to find out what will happen with the weather.  Our guess is as good as theirs (555).

The ‘Easy Monday’ song is still waiting to be named.  I won’t harass my readers in the States since it’s a holiday.  Oh wait, you should keep up (555).  “You didn’t run, you didn’t lie, you knew I wanted just to hold you.  And had you gone you knew in time we’d meet again for I had told you.  Ooh, you were meant to be near me.  Ooh, and I want you to hear me.  Say we’ll be together every day.  __ __ __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  It’s from that album that’s about ‘round and ‘round. 

Last night we were in the kitchen after taking Daku out for his evening stroll.  He turned to me and started acting agitated, and then began to wave his paw in front of me.  This usually means he wants something, but he had just gone out and the normal pattern is to go upstairs.  I went to the stairs but he didn’t want that.  Then I felt something in my shirt, and it was moving.  I brushed my shirt and the bug fell out and went under a chair.  Daku stopped ‘bugging’ me.  He was upset about the creature and was trying to tell me.  That’s my boy.

Our morning adventure consisted of a 10-minute drive north to Ban Du, for coffee and hang out with Cat.  While she had breakfast, we talked about her grades and how well she’s doing.  She was feeling bad about having a 3.5 GPA.  I would have loved to have those numbers back in the day.  She works hard and it’s paying off.  Her part-time teaching job is giving her an early glimpse into the plight of the school teacher.  Cat has done the math and realized that it takes 4 hours of preparation for two hours of teaching, and she doesn’t get paid for that time.  The fact that she enjoys what she’s doing is promising.  

Whenever we sit down with anyone, there always seems to be a part of the conversation that has to do with culture.  Today, Cat brought up the tradition of going to the home of the older members of her village on holidays, and paying respects.  She understood it when it came to her older relatives., but when it’s people she doesn’t really know, she wondered.  We talked about how the traditions keep villages together as communities.  We also touched on the shrinking of those communities as young people move away.  It was a good talk.

There was a 3 o’clock downpour that was quite eerie.  We had seen the dark clouds approaching and then it just got dark.  The wind came up and then the rain came.  There was a heavy mist, and then it skipped a few steps and went into crazy downpour mode.  It was over in less than 20 minutes.  

Today’s photo is a few months old, but it captures the mischievous part of Neechanon.  ‘Of course these are my shoes’.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“There are two great days in a
person’s life; the day we are
born and the day we discover why.”
~William Barclay

No comments: