Monday, May 28, 2018

Facts

Hi,

The weather around here has been rainy.  The patterns have been broken, it just rains whenever it wants to and we just listen to the pitter-patter.  Big rain this afternoon, the front yard may be saturated.  Daku tip-toed, Chopper frolicked.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Blue Suede Shoes” by Carl Perkins, then Elvis Presley.  For ‘Easy Monday’ I’ll choose tried and true winners for $100.  This one is an old favorite:  “I was alone, I took a ride, I didn’t know what I would find there.  Another road where maybe I could see another kind of mind there.  Ooh, then I suddenly see you, ooh, did I tell you I need you, every single day of my life…. __ __ __ __ __ __ __”.  Hint:  It’s those 4 lads from across the pond, celebrating a new friend.   

Saturday we went to Work@Home for coffee and had a great visit with Katai and Towan.  We told them about the Women’s art exhibition Lisa will be in this July in the city of Nan.  They have a tractor outlet there and are going to go for the weekend and show us around.  It’s a long way from home (3+ hours) and it will be nice to have friends we can communicate with.  Towan is going to be in a car rally in September that will go from Pattaya, which is one of the southern beach cities, and end in Cambodia.  It will be about a week of driving.  He and his driver are also doing a series of rallies in Thailand.  I didn’t know this kind of competition happened here.  If one comes close to Chiang Rai, I’d like to stand on the side of the road and watch the cars zoom by.  

Sunday we had lunch at The Wanderer with Susan and Noy.  We have known them for a long time here.  They have the hydroponic lettuce farm in Mae Chan.  We had such a good time, laughing, telling stories and talking about our animals.  They told us about a Mexican restaurant in Mae Chan, high on a hill and they say it’s pretty close to the real thing.  When we get back from the States we’re going with them for lunch.  

Our calendar is getting very busy.  We have house guests coming for two days, right before we fly to the States.  In the meantime, there are coffees, lunches, errands and, lest I forget, packing for the two weeks we’ll be gone.

Around the Big Brown House, the cuteness continues with Neechanon.  She called me for lunch and when I didn’t race right down, she apparently got in my chair and began tasting my chicken.  Natcha hurried her out of the chair, but we thought it was cute.  Are we those ‘relatives’ that spoil the kid?  

Today’s photo was taken by Lisa and is a great portrait of Daku in meditation.  He usually stays like this for about 10 minutes, just staring off, clearing his mind.  


Have a Great Week.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Facts do not cease
to exist because they
are ignored.”
~Aldous Huxley

No comments: