Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Right

Hi,

Weather: same as it ever was.  Actually, we had some wind today and that was different.  

I’m happy that some of you remembered the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  “__ __ is not my lover.  She’s just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son.  She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son.”  Hint:  The title is a name.  It’s a song of possible seduction and denial.  I smell a soap opera.

Learning to speak a little Thai can be a tricky thing.  On one hand, you can communicate what you want or need to say.  On the other hand, some people assume that you will understand what they say to you.  Today, at the fruit market Lisa asked for two bottles of honey, in Thai.  Fruit lady was in a happy mood and started rambling something about what if she wasn’t there and Lisa forgot the words and had to describe what she needed.  Then she made this buzzing sound and waved her hand around, imitating a bee.  They both laughed, Lisa looked at me and shrugged her shoulders.  We think that’s what she was saying.  And so it goes.  You say something and hope they don’t give back too much too fast (555).

While having coffee and tea at Work@Home, Katai and Thowan brought up dinner plans that we’d talked about and suggested tonight at Boon Rawd Farm.  Being the loose, independent, live for the moment types that we are (555) we said yes.  We met them out at the farm, which is about a 30 minute drive in afternoon traffic.  On the long, winding road up the hill to the restaurant we saw fields of wild flowers, then long rows of tea plants pruned like hedges.  Once we arrived, the next thing for me was to see if there were dishes I could eat.  Northern Thai food is generally spicy.  The menu had a BBQ chicken that met my needs and I was set.  We also had a bowl of their deep fried tea leaves, a specialty of the house that is hard to stop eating.  Time flies when you’re with fun friends, good food and common experiences across cultural lines.  

Today’s photo was taken Sunday night near the Night Bazaar.  The new location of Cat ’n Cup gets more traffic and also seems to have more cats.  In this photo we counted 9 cats, but there were more running around.  Obviously, I took the pic from outside.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“The time is always right
to do what is right.”
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: