Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Anxiety

Hi,

Could it be that it’s actually warming up?  There was actually a bit of a warm breeze last night.  Hmm.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Fixing A Hole” by The Beatles.  Moving on to our ‘Zany Day’ tune, who remembers this?
“Now you say you ain’t never met my wife, you ain’t never seen her befo’.  ‘Say you ain’t been hangin’ roun’ my crib; well here’s somethin’ I wanna know.  I wanna know what in the worl’ is goin’ down, __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __?”
Hint: There is an animal involved in the title.  

Tuesday turned out to be a very productive day.  The misadventures of Monday have been corrected and all is well.  It began in the morning with the most thorough eye exam I’ve ever had.  I learned a lot about my eyes and now I’m waiting for a new set of ‘super’ contacts.  

It was a ‘work day’ at EVA Airlines and we got upgraded to Business class for the 14 hour trip across the Pacific.  Nothing like being able to stretch out and actually sleep.  Not to mention the extra pampering (555).

We had our first lunch at Thai Boom and it was great.  Woody and Suni gave us a warm welcome.  Sharing a meal with our friend Linda is always a treat.  She has been our car rental connection since the beginning of this adventure.  There was a lot of catching up to do.  Kids, the baby (Neetchanon), dogs and family were all topics of conversation.  

I haven’t been taking many photos on this trip, so far.  Today’s photo was taken in 2007, before we started building our house.  This is the land before the dirt filled it in.  That’s me on the left, way out there.


Last night we had Italian food at a restaurant that is part of a chain.  It brought back memories of dining at the Pasadena location with my mom.  We were joined by August and our friends Ray and Eiko. We usually meet them for coffee and it was nice to sit down and have a dinner with them. 

It’s going to be a Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Anxiety is the hand maiden
of creativity.”
~T.S. Elliot

No comments: