Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

I don’t know how the weather turned out in the L.A. area today.  When we left for the airport this morning it was cold.  When we arrived at Mineta Airport in San Jose it was even colder.  The night time in Palo Alto was the coldest.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “How Come My Dog Don’t Bark When You Come ‘Round?”, as sung by Prince Partridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCULQwdYZeU  It was covered by Dr. John with great success, but this is the original hit.  For 'Old School Friday’, here’s an easy one:  “Sha la la la la, it’s not the way you smile, that touch my heart.  Sha la la la la, it’s not the way you kiss that tears me apart.  Uh, oh, many, many, many night go by, I sit alone at home and I cry over you.  What can I do?  Can’t help myself, ‘cause __ __ __.”  Hint:  It’s by a ‘Girl Group’ from the 60s, and she’s telling ‘him’ that he’s the one.

Flying on Southwest Airlines feels like a step backwards after our EVA experiences.  For starters, lining up like cattle before boarding the plane is annoying.  Listening to corny jokes and dealing with grouchy attitudes of the flight attendants is not what we pay for.  Rant over.

We just read that anti-burning laws are going to be strictly enforced in Chiang Rai from mid February to mid April. If this really happens, it would mean that we could stop hiding from the outside world.  Annual escapes to southern beaches wouldn’t be necessary, and children could play outside.  As some of you know, this has been a great concern of ours for years.  It still won’t stop the daily trash burning that goes on all year, but it’s a start.  

The Cousin lunch could have gone on longer than it did.  It was pointed out that I made a mistake in yesterday’s post when I said the gathering on Wednesday was my maternal grandmother’s family.  It was my paternal side of the family.  Cousins Eunice and Trudye read this message every day and had lots of questions on many topics.  As is  usually the case, there was plenty of laughter and lots of love.

Dinner at the Trellis was inside this time, instead of the beautiful roof-top with the grape vines.  It was way too cold.  Some of the crew remembered us from previous visits.  The food is always good at The Trellis, even when I was on my restricted diet.  The owner came to the table and immediately started talking about me and the potatoes I’d order.  He always takes good care of Joe and it’s really sweet.  Karen Jo shared photos of her grand-kids and we marveled at the passage of time (555).  This morning we’ll have our breakfast with Joe.  

Today’s photo is from The Wanderer.  I am fascinated by this tree and how a branch is wrapped around the trunk.  


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Time for the ‘Funnies’.

                Peace,
                          Danny


No comments: