Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Believe or not, we had a tiny rain today.  The Big Brown House didn’t get completely soaked, but water fell from the sky.  While driving this afternoon, I had to use the wipers to get through the heavy mist (555).  It’s trying real hard to rain.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Lipstick On Your Collar” by Connie Francis.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMlALAaEwfA   So, now you know.  As if that wasn’t enough of a throw-back, it’s time for ‘Old School Friday’.  The thing about ‘Old School’ is that I like to make it a history lesson of sorts.  Connie and company was not ‘Old School’ even though it was back-in-the-day.  “It brings a tear, into my eyes, when I begin to realize I cried so much since you’ve been gone.  I guess I’m __ __ __ __ __.  I sit and cry just like a child, my pouring tears are runnin’ wild.  If you don’t think you’ll be home soon I guess I’ll __ __ __ __ __.”  Clue:  This 1956 hit by a legend was first recorded in ’51.  Since the ’56 hit it has been recorded by numerous artists.  I figured we needed an easy one today.

This was day three of the saga of the missing dump trucks.  Aside from the dirt, the only thing they left behind was a blue plastic chair.  Hmm.

Browney’s has two locations, and today we went to the original store on Bus Station Street.  I stay in the van because the ‘cat vibes’ bother me.  We have had a friendship with the owners since the BamBam days.  Lisa and the wife always have some kind of communication and she gives us a discount.  This morning Lisa gave her a catalogue from the current art exhibit and she loved it.  She puts posters for the exhibits on their wall and is a real fan.  

We actually did some shopping on the main road downtown today.  Maybe the cool weather gave us walking energy, but whatever the reason, we covered a lot of territory.  There is something to be said for walking in a dense business district.  You get to see things you might miss driving by in a car.  The shops change frequently and the walk was a way to see what’s new and what’s gone.  There used to be a shop that carried all kinds of electronic parts.  They had everything from screwdrivers to mixing boards, and now they’re gone.  I wonder what happens to the people who ran the shops that disappear.  Did they change location?  Did they just quit?  I’ll never know I guess.

This afternoon we did more walking at the mall.  We discovered the ‘sweet spot’ for entering the mall is around 3pm, when the lunch crowd is gone and it’s way before dinner.  On the main floor they were selling Mitsubishi cars and trucks.  I found out that when dealers bring in cars for showing, they also have the same models in the inside lot for demonstration rides.  That’s pretty slick. While we were going from place to place, we saw friends from Bangkok who are visiting and that’s always fun.  

Today’s photo is the mystery lot next door.  This is what they’ve accomplished in a few days of dumping.  They have a long way to go before they’re finished.  If they don’t, I have a good deal on some slightly used dirt.
 

After dinner, Neetchanon found my face to be a source of giddy laughter.  She would reach out to me and as I approached, she’d touch my face and crack up.  This happened over and over (you know how little ones love repetition).  Earlier, she and Daku had a playful time together.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.         Time for the ‘Funnies’

                  Peace,
                            Danny


No comments: