Friday, July 29, 2016

Thursday on Friday

Hi,

My deepest apologies to anyone who was planning their activities based on what I tell you in my message.  There have been a few times when I’ve missed a day, or forgot to send the message, but this is ridiculous.  Somehow, leaving the States on Monday, which was actually Tuesday, and arriving in Thailand on Wednesday, which was actually Wednesday, totally threw off my perception of time.  No wonder I became a ball of confusion.  

Thank you to those who were quick to point out the error of my ways.  Frankly, I was mortified.  What really confuses things is that fact that now I have to either give you another song to ponder, or let ‘Old School Friday’ remain for this special Thursday (555).  I think we’ll just let it ride, and those who named the song will get a day off.  So, on with the craziness.

Here’s another verse of the ‘Old School Friday’ song.  “Now the dance that the people do, I don’t know how it started.  All I know is that when the beat brings a feel it’s hard to get parted.  And then the music begins to play, automatically you’re on your way.  Are you ready (are you ready)?  Well, you get yours, ‘cause-a I got mine for __ __ __.”  Hint:  The animal is fond of bananas.  The singer’s first name is a rank of an army officer.

Last night we had a major storm.  There was thunder and lightning in the overnight hours and the rain was beating down hard.  It was the kind of downpour where the sound changed with its intensity; like a machine passing through.  There was another downpour this morning and then it left town.  

Today’s photo was taken at the Bayland nature preserve in Palo Alto.  It’s called the ‘River of Rocks’.  


This afternoon Gong, Natcha and Neechanon went to Makro and did the shopping.  We were very happy about that since they were in the correct time zone.  After they returned it was time for Lisa, Cat and me to take a ride up to her university to see her ‘dorm room’.  It’s actually a room in an apartment building a block from the campus.  When we arrived we met the ‘house parents’ as I call them.  They are a nice couple who are like the managers and also help to maintain the women-only status of the house.  The room is a good size for one person and we made a list of things she’ll need to live there.  As Cat said as we left, “Big changes”.  Sunday will be her last day working at The Wanderer.

Have a Fabulous Friday and a Wonderful WeekEnd (again).   Formula One will be racing in Germany.  Zoom.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Worrying is like meditating 
on the negative.”
~Unknown

No comments: