Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The local weather folks were right on target when they said it would be a hot one yesterday.  Of course, we knew what to expect.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “No Particular Place To Go” by Chuck Berry.  That means it’s time for ‘Old School Friday’, and I’m pretty sure you know this one.  “Each day through my window, I watch her as she passes by.  I say to myself, you’re such a lucky guy.  To have a girl like her is truly a dream come true.  Out of all the fellas in the world, she belongs to me.  But it was __ __ __, running away with me.  It was __ __ __, running away with me.”  Hint:  Tempted by her charm, he drifted into a fantasy world.  Imagine that.  Original version came out in 1971 by a five man vocal group.

Yesterday’s memorial service for my mother was a huge success.  About 200 to 250 people gathered to pay their respects and share memories.  She was a member of All Saints Church in Pasadena for 44 years and was adored by everyone.  After the service, there were refreshments and fellowshipping   Family members came from far away places and it was wonderful to see them all.  The Pasadena teaching community was in attendance as well as a large group from her sorority.  My brother and I reconnected with many people from our pasts, having grown up in Pasadena.  Thankfully, most of them introduced themselves right away so we didn’t have to guess their identities (555).  

I didn’t realize how much energy had been expended until we finally got back to Culver City.  Mr. Lag took that as a signal to do his thing and we crashed.  

Today’s photo from The Wanderer inspires relaxation.  Orchids growing among ferns, a reminder of home.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

                  Peace,
                            Danny


No comments: