Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bridge

Hi,

Back in the U.S. of A., to borrow from a song, sort of.  We arrived late Monday night, wide awake and hungry.  Even with all the food they threw at us, there’s something about flying that sparks the appetite.  

There’s still time to tell me the title of the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  It’s from those four lads from across the pond.
“Why she had to go, I don’t know, she wouldn’t say.  I said something wrong, now I long for __.  __, love was such an easy game to play.  Now I need a place to hide away.  Oh, I believe in __.”  Clue:  Somethin’ about the day before.

 Our apartment was warm and welcoming when we finally arrived.  Things couldn’t have been better.  There was a parking place in front of the house, breakfast favorites were on the shelves, and even though our hosts are on a mini-vacation, their warmth was present.   

I  usually don’t post photos of food, but this plate full is an exception.  Our favorite airline made a real effort to produce sometime I could eat.  It’s supposed to be some kind of chicken dish, we’re not sure what we’re looking at.  What looks like shredded chicken is hard and chewy.  Underneath was a boiled rice mistake.  I didn’t eat it.  


The mission, for the next few days, will be keeping Mr. Lag at bay.  I think we got this, but that’s the time when he decides to pounce.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Smile at the obstacle,
for it is a bridge.”
~Medusa

No comments: