Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Chiang Rai seems to be in a new weather pattern.  I’m calling them ‘Drippy Days’.  Today was just like yesterday, off and on light showers with occasional sunshine.  Oh yes, and it’s still hot.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Summertime Blues” by Eddie Cochran.  For ‘Old School Friday’ we’ll take a look at a tune from an R&B group that went on for years with tons of hits.  “When this old world starts getting me down and people are just too much for me to face (__ __ __ __).  I climb way up to the top of the stairs, and all my cares just drift right into space (__ __ __ __).  __ __ __, it’s peaceful as can be, and there, the world below can’t bother me…”  Hint: Recorded in 1962, refuge on the top portion of a building.

On the main road near our house there is a new shop.  From what we saw from the street, it’s a Hill Tribe clothing shop featuring wedding dresses and fancy jackets.  We’ll have to investigate more, but it looks interesting.  From the patterns I saw I think they are Akha.  Most of the other businesses on the road are things like coffee, food, and repair shops.  

It’s getting down to that time when decisions have to be made about what to pack for the trip to the States.  For me, it always happens that I take more than I can wear.  That’s because I always imagine it’s going to be hot and it’s not, at least by Thai standards.  I’m making a mental note to not take so many light shirts (555).  

We received computer renderings of what our pool area might look like with the fence design by our friend, Khun Nine.  If one has to have a fence around a pool, it might as well look nice.  This plan calls for removable sections so when we’re entertaining there can be access from the whole side of the pool.  A new deck is also in the works.  We’ve grown very tired of the terrazzo, which is hard to keep clean.  

Today Neechanan decided to go back to her smiley face, which was thoroughly enjoyed by all.  She is a very happy baby.  When Natcha is working in the kitchen she sings to her and we can hear Neechanan responding.  Definitely brings a nice vibe to our lives.

This morning I drove up to the container construction site, got out and walked around.  You will see from the photos, that it’s a pair of two-story structures.  I still don’t know what kind of business it will be.  Many projects don’t identify what is coming.  We’ll just have to wait and see.



This weekend will be busy with packing, last minute errands for the household, the Wimbledon finals, and the Formula One British Grand Prix.  Whew.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       Time for the ‘Funnies’.

               Peace,
                         Danny


No comments: