Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Impossible

Hi,

The hotness has begun.  Add a bunch of humidity and it will start to feel like Chiang Rai (555).

Quite a few readers knew this ‘Easy Monday’ tune.  Here’s the last verse, just in case you’re not sure.  
“I told that girl I can start right away.  And she said, ‘Listen baby, I got something to say.  I got no car and it’s breaking my heart. But I’ve found a driver and that’s a start’.  Baby you can __ __ __, yes I’m gonna be a star.  Baby you can __ __ __ and maybe I’ll love you.  Beep, beep’m beep beep yeah….”  Hint:  1965, from one of their more popular albums.   

Monday morning is, from memory, a heavy traffic time on the freeways of SoCal.  We had a 10am appointment in Northridge, which meant riding the 405 northbound.  Fortunately, most of the morning traffic had either calmed down or was going the other way.  Our friend Alan, who does ‘Healing Touch’ massage therapy, gave Lisa a massage.  While that was happening, I had a long conversation with a cousin that I hadn’t talked to in years.  This seems to be a time when reconnecting is just what I need.  

While traveling, we used a couple of applications we just heard about.  One is called Wayz, the other is Google Maps.  What we found to be fun was the little voice that warned us about events that were coming up.  It would say things like ‘Watch out, there’s a hazard up ahead’.  We need something like this in Thailand, but in English.  Getting directions in Chiang Rai would be pointless since almost nobody uses the street names.  It’s all about landmarks that everybody knows.  Hmm, I can just imagine how that would work here.  Oh, it happens already (555).

Our friend Claire sent me an article on Jet Lag that is very interesting.  There are things that can be done to ‘soften’ the blow.  I’m going to study this a little more and see if I can try something before we head west next week.  There is a relationship between the direction of travel, exposure to light, and adjustment of schedule.  A lot of research has gone into this phenomenon.  It’s a real thing.  I guess Mr. Lag is reveling in his celebrity about now.

When Lisa went downtown with Anna, Jeff, and August to see Clifton’s, they also visited ‘The Last Bookstore’.  Inside this giant bookstore were several book sculptures.  Today’s photo is one of them.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“It always seems impossible
until it’s done.”
~Nelson Mandela

No comments: