Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seeing

Hi,

Every morning it’s a little bit colder.  This afternoon I brought the heaters in from the storage room.  Warm socks are now required in the morning.  Bye, bye tropical weather.

I got a few correct answers from the Bay Area on the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  Maybe the last verse will help:
“I’d like to know that your love is love I can be sure of.  So tell me now, and I won’t ask again.  __ __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  So easy.  

We are still reflecting on various things that happened Saturday night at the opening of the art exhibit.  One thing that stands out in my mind was what happened on the patio area outside.  A large group of the local artists were hanging out and Lisa went over to thank them for coming.  They lined up for a group photo with Lisa in the middle.  This said a lot to me about their respect level.  I saw this happen before with another expat artist.  It was like becoming ‘part of the gang’ so to speak.  

Today’s photo from the exhibit is a monk/artist who was captivated by the ‘Machine’ series by Joseph Zirker. 


Yesterday we were quite surprised when we turned onto Clock Tower street and discovered that two long blocks had been turned into a carnival.  Both side of the street are now partial lanes and there is absolutely no parking.  There is a ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, and all of the usual midway games one would see at a carnival.  There are also booths selling everything from stuffed animals to belts and shoes.  What’s really interesting is that it’s right in front of a high school.  Imagine, sitting in class thinking about all that’s waiting on the street.  Hmm.

This cold weather thing is totally relative.  Boot’s boyfriend Rudi is from Holland.  When I go out in the morning I have on a thermal shirt, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt.  Rudi is sitting outside in a t-shirt talking about ‘nice weather’.  Then we both laugh because he knows I’m cold.  I joke with him about being from Holland.  This afternoon I met a couple from England who are touring around Thailand, Laos and Cambodia for three months to escape the English winter.  When they mentioned that their hotel had a nice pool, I asked if they’d checked the temperature of the water.  They laughed and said it’s cold when they first get in, but that they swim in the sea so it’s not bad. I am still spoiled when it comes to cold I guess.  The adventure continues.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Seeing is different than being told.”
~African Proverb

No comments: