Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Glass

Hi,

This morning we woke up to fog and cold.  Hmm, I wonder if this is going to be the boring forecast of the week.  I sure hope not.  By mid-day it was in the low 80s, so it’s not like the weather is dreary all day.  Time to start collecting all our warm clothes for our trip to California.  

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song must have caught some of you napping.  It’s an easy one from the fab four.
“Everybody seems to think I’m lazy, I don’t mind, I think they’re crazy.  Running everywhere at such a speed, till they find there’s no need (There’s no need).  Please don’t spoil my day, I’m miles away, and after all __ __ __."
Clue:  What are you doing if you’re not awake?  Hmm.

Many years ago a mentor of mine cautioned me about allowing events to be a ‘big deal’.  A few were allowed, but for the most part, ‘big deals’ will keep raising the bar.  Well, I’m not saying it’s a big deal, but I have to change my diet, which includes eliminating many things I suppose I’ve become emotionally attached to, like pie, coffee, sugar, grains, many fruits, and the list goes on.  It seems I have a syndrome that has been causing my stomach aches and the only way to heal is to abstain.  Oh my.  The timing could not be worse.  Coming to California during the holiday season, well, you can fill in the blanks on that one.

With my new diet I can eat rye bread, so we went downtown to Aye’s deli to order some.  Then we went to lunch at their restaurant.  Figuring out what to eat has become a different adventure.  The simplest thing to do is order mixed vegetables and chicken with no sugar or soy oil.  So far so good.  The flight on EVA Airlines will be a separate chapter in this saga.  

Yesterday we were invited to tour a work in progress not far from our house.  Our friends from Doi Chaang Coffee are building a coffee shop/restaurant/antique gallery on a large piece of land by the river.  They have lived there for many years and there are over 200 different kinds of trees.  It’s like a private forest that feels like you’re miles away from town.  We can’t wait to see the finished product.  Today’s photo is a view of the river through the trees.


Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“It doesn’t matter if the glass
is half empty or half full…
Be grateful that you have a glass
and there is something in it.”
~Unknown

No comments: