Thursday, December 11, 2014

Believe

Hi,

The weather story continues to loop; life goes on.  As we prepare for our trip to the states, I find myself pondering all the things I'll miss for three weeks.  I like my life.

This week's 'Zany Day' tune seems to be a mystery to most of you.  Here's the bridge and last verse.   
"And when I get the paper, I read it through and through.  And my girl never fails to say if there is any work for me.  When I get back to the house, I hear that woman's mouth, preaching and a-crying, tell me that I'm lying 'bout a job that I never could find.  Sha na na na, sha na na na na na....."  Hint:  Really?  Three words and one of them is in the last verse. 

Today our van got it's first registration renewal.  Not like getting a birthday cake.  The process at the motor vehicle place was quick and easy.  As we were walking back to the van we both realized we forgot to look for the mythical 'guy by the door' who supposedly takes driving license tests.  (555)  

The main event of the day was this evening.  First, we all went to dinner with Eric and Brenda, our new friends at the Condotel.  Then the six of us went to Art Bridge for the opening of 'A Tribute To Tawan Duchanee'.  Tawan passed 100 days ago and as it the custom here, there is a commemoration.  Since he was like the 'Godfather' to many of the artists in Chiang Rai, all of the Art Bridge artists were invited to create an art piece that reflected what he meant to them or an influence he had on them.  When we arrived, the proceedings were in progress.  The parking lot was used as the auditorium and it was full.  Considering that 280 artists were in the exhibit, it made sense that a lot of people would be there.  There were the usual speeches, music, and dancers, but it moved along and some of it was fascinating.  Finally the gallery was opened and we went inside.  The artists in charge of hanging the show did an incredible job of displaying the work and not making it seem too crowded.  To be a part of this exhibit is an honor for many of the artists who sat at the feet of Tawan.  He helped many artists, supported the arts financially, and, as a national artist, raised the visibility of Chiang Rai as a center of creativity.  Lisa has a beautiful piece in the exhibit.

Today's photo shows the setting this evening at Art Bridge, part of the huge crowd listening to the monk talk about the importance of art in Chiang Rai and what it has done for the region.  Inside, you can see a few of the larger paintings of Tawan.


We're hoping all of our friends and relatives in Northern California stay warm and dry.  California weather is something we keep track of these days.  Hmm, I wonder why?

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who said it, not even if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and you own common sense."
~Buddha

No comments: