Thursday, December 25, 2014

Love

Hi,

Wednesday was a busy day.  We had a special morning with the Karp family, went to lunch at a Thai restaurant,  had Christmas dinner with the family in Pasadena, followed by a gift exchange at my mom’s in Altadena.  Oh, and Mr. Lag is in the house.

I guess everyone is busy, so it’s OK if no one responded to the song.  Just for fun, here’s a little more:
“Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say, ‘__ with your nose so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?’  Then all the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee. ' __ __ __-__ __ you’ll go down in history’.”  Hint:  Hmm, I think you know who it is.

It’s actually late on Wednesday night as I write this.  My eyelids are heavy and I suspect I’ll be sleeping soon.

Our host family, The Karps, are leaving for Northern Calif. on Christmas day so we had our traditional morning event on the day before.  There was lots of laughter and merriment as we opened gifts and watched Anna try to get the dogs to pose for photos with their new toys.  ‘The Boys’ are young men now, but it’s still a fun time.   C-Bass suggested a Thai place he’s been to so we all went there for lunch.  It was interesting to see how they had changed the names of some dishes for the benefit of their Western clientele.  I managed to find something on the menu that I could eat, though it didn’t have that familiar flavor due to my new ‘diet’.  Another odd thing was the music.  They were playing music more fit for a rave than food digestion.  It created a strange vibe with thumping bass interrupting conversation.  Oh well, the company was the main thing.

I have some distant cousins from the east that are in town and they joined us for our Pasadena family dinner.  There were eleven of us at the table, at a French restaurant in Old Town Pasadena.  It’s always a happy time when we all get together.  After dinner everyone met at my mom’s for desserts and presents.  It was the first time we’d seen our nephew Gavin in a few years and that was really cool.  They live in Colorado and they don’t think it’s cold here.  Hmm, I guess not.  It’s cold to me.  

I get a kick out of watching the ‘Night before Christmas’ activities of parents as they roll new bikes into houses, or bring home things from a neighbor’s house before the dawn comes and the kids wake up. 

Today’s photo was sent to us by Blue.  Normally, a Tuk-Tuk has only one seat behind the driver, so this is truly a ‘Stretched Tuk-Tuk.  It was on display at MBK (Mah Boon Krong shopping center in BKK!)  Enjoy.


I wish you all a ‘Happy, Merry’ whatever you celebrate.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Judge nothing, you will be happy.
Forgive everything, you will be happier.
Love everything, you will be happiest.”
~Sri Chinmoy

No comments: