Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Before I forget, here are the numbers if you’d like to reach us while we’re in town.

Lisa’s phone:  (310) 227-2351   Danny’s phone: (310) 494-1179

Looks like this week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was a hit.  “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” has lots of fans.  Now it’s time for an ‘Old School Friday’ tune that should bring back memories for some.  It still sounds good.
“Bells will be ringing the glad, glad news.  Oh, what a Christmas to have the blues.  My baby’s gone, I have no friends to wish me greetings once again.  Choirs will be singing ‘Silent Night’ Christmas carols by candlelight.  
__ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __.  If not for Christmas, then by New Years night.”  Clue:  Singer wants to spend the holidays with the one that left him.  So sad.

We drove out to Altadena in the afternoon and spent some time with my mom, and then the three of us went back to L.A. to a party for cousins and friends.  There were about four generations represented. We met some third/fourth cousins that we didn’t know.  The kids were in one room and the adults in another.  Just as we got settled, Mr. Lag dropped by and requested our presence.  

Our first official supermarket visit proved to offer more stuff than we can't eat.  Aisle after aisle of things I can’t have made it go quickly.  I saw many things that I might have put in the cart in the past, but this time just reminded myself of the consequences and moved on.  We had no idea that nuts were so expensive.  When we converted prices to Baht it made us realize that things really cost less over there.  Hmm.

Today’s photo was taken in Altadena outside my Mom’s house.  There was a big wind the night before and the air was clear and beautiful.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     Hang on for the ‘Funnies’.

                  Peace,
                            Danny


No comments: