Monday, January 20, 2014

Vision

Hi,

We're still having cold weather here in Chiang Rai.  By cold I mean high 40s to low 50s at night and mid 70s in the daytime.  I think this cold stuff is following us.  I'm ready for some warm weather.

Our 'Old School Friday' song was "Silhouettes" by The Rays.  Time for some 'Easy Monday' and a song I know you'll remember:  "If there's anything that you want, if there's anything that you need.  Just call on me and I'll send it along with love __ __ __ __."  Hint:  An early one from those four lads from across the pond.  Title is full of pronouns and prepositions.  (555)

Friday night I picked up Cat and a friend after the concert.  They talked at a rapid pace all the way home.  I couldn't understand a word of it, but the energy was amazing.  After we dropped her friend off, Cat told me this was her first time going to a real concert.  She was very excited about it and wants to see more.  I got to hear a few songs as I waited for them.  What I do know is that it was loud.  I was across the street with the windows up and I could still hear everything.  

Sunday morning we were to meet our friends Stephan and Claire at Chivit Tamma Da for breakfast.  When we arrived there was no parking to be found and we ended up at Doi Chaang Coffee.  Later we found out that there was a wedding reception at Chivit.  A morning reception is a new one on me.   I can understand wanting to have it at such a beautiful spot.  The ambience is very romantic.  

We finally got to see the flower show on Sunday afternoon.  It's a smaller version of the one we missed, but still beautiful.  It's in a park in the center of town and they transform the grounds to be a giant garden.  It's across the street from Cat's school so she acted as tour guide.  We strolled around and took in the colors and smells.  There were lots of families doing the same thing, and lots of photos being taken.  Cat told us she sometimes buys her lunch and eats in the garden.  That's what I call relaxing.  I have lots of photos to share and we'll start with some color contrasts.


Chiang Rai is full of visitors these days.  There were very large crowds over the holidays and it seems like they're still here.  When we went to dinner last night at the Night Bazaar, our favorite restaurant only had a few small tables that weren't booked.  They had four large tours coming in and I saw them turning customers away.  We were going to walk around after dinner but it was just too cold.  Imagine that, too cold to cruise the Night Bazaar.  On the way home we saw the lighted decorations on Clock Tower Street, where New Years Eve had been a giant spectacle.  Friends told us the street was blocked off and there were thousands of people celebrating.  

Have a Great Week.

              Peace,
                        Danny 

"Your vision will become clear
only when you look into your heart.
Who looks outside, dreams.
Who looks inside, awakens."
~Carl Jung

No comments: