Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Act

Hi,

Mr. Lag is a little angry with us.  We slept all night and stayed awake all day.  It's 8pm and my lids are heavy, but I'm not giving in to his madness this time.  (555)  Who am I kidding?  I'm ready to crash.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Love The One You're With" by Stephen Stills.  It should be noted that the Isley Brothers had a hit with the song one year after Still's release, in 1971.  And now, on to the 'Zany Day' song:
"I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' 'bout half past dead; I just need some place where I can lay my head.  'Hey mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?'  He just grinned at me and 'No', was all he said.  Take a load off Annie, take a load for free.  Take a load off Annie, and (and, and) you can put the load right on me."
Clue:  Find another word for 'load' and your close to the title of this song.

On our first day back in Thailand we charged ahead like Mr. Lag didn't exist.  I managed to stay on the right side of the street, which is the left side.  I only used the wipers a couple of times and adjusted to 'Thai style' driving pretty easily.   I knew I was back in the Land of Smiles when I spotted a man leaving the store with six large bags of live 'Top Tim' fish.  He probably has a restaurant or fish market.  He was proud to have their photo taken in the parking lot.


This afternoon, while doing errands, we stopped at the mall and had coffee.  On our way home we encountered a parade.  What?  A parade on a Wednesday afternoon that wasn't a holiday?  It was mostly students from a large high school near us, but what made it unusual were the two elephants bringing up the rear.  They were decorated, and their Mahoots were in traditional costume.  We don't know why there were elephants, and we may never find out.  It's just another one of those things you don't see every day.  Hmm.

During dinner we were discussing Cat's weekend plans and she told us that Saturday her school class is going to take food and clothing to children in a village next to her village.  She told us they have no parents and often don't have warm clothes.  It was one of those moving moments, hearing the compassion of this sixteen year old who has no parents of her own.  

OK, about to surrender to His Majesty Mr. Jet Lag.  Time to turn on the Australian Open and nod off to dreamland.  

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

              Peace,
                        Danny

"However many holy words you read,
However many you speak,
What good will they do you
If you do not act upon them?"
~Buddha

No comments: