Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dreams

Hi,

Our last week of the Winter Visit began with a busy day, and the motorbikes are coming.

It looks like this 'Easy Monday' song is still on your Top 20 lists.  It was also the title of a movie you may know.
"I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag.  I was schooled with a strap right across by back.  But it's all right now, in fact it's a gas.  But it's all right, I'm __ __ __, it's a gas, gas, gas!  Hint:  Oh, come on now.  Judging by the response, this is easy.

Today we braved the chilly morning air to have breakfast at S&W Country Kitchen.  We used to go there a long time ago and it's still the same.  It's a great place for people who like to eat a lot of food.  We're not so much into 'building a breakfast' as the menu offers, and they let us have what we wanted.  

Most of the day was spent in Marina del Rey having coffee, lunch and tea with friends from Lisa's former job.  For the first time in the years of visiting, I had lunch with Lisa and her buddies and it was fun.

This afternoon I took C-Bass to West L.A. College for a class and it reminded me of the 'old days' when I would take him to school as a child.  

Tennis season is back and I guess you know what that means.  We found the Tennis Channel and we're enjoying the matches.  When we get home we can recuperate with the Australian Open.  I wonder if 'Watch Guy' is watching?  Last night we watched some ice hockey with C-Bass and August.  We all had trouble following the puck, but it was fun.

I saw quite a few little motorbikes on the streets today.  Could this be the beginning of a trend?  The next thing you know, it will feel like Thailand.  (555)  That got me thinking about the price of fuel, which led me to think about our little Vios.  We used an unleaded grade, but the thing will run on anything, including diesel.  What's really interesting is the fact that in Thailand, diesel is the cheapest fuel and here in the US, it's the most expensive.  Hmm.

We are still in communication with Tatt, the young man who lived with us last year while he finished high school.  He sends us greetings on holidays, and has sent us games he has programed in college.  Today's photo was sent to us by Tatt and it shows monks on a pilgrimage.  He was part of the support team.  The road was covered with cloth that was covered with flower petals.  We don't have any background on the event yet, but it's quite impressive.


Now it's time for me to do some studying for my written test at the DMV today.  Oh joy.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

"All our dreams can come true,
if we have the courage to pursue them."
~Walt Disney

No comments: