Thursday, January 9, 2014

Truth

Hi,

Well, it was bound to happen.  My friends in the east and mid-west are heckling me about my calling it 'cold' here in LA.  It's all relative, and to me it is relatively cold.  (555)  OK, -17 is really cold.

So far, only one person knows the title of the 'Zany Day' song.  It's an oldie but goodie you should know.
"Her knees were almost touching mine at __ __ __, a thrill was running down my spine at __ __ __.  I could smell her sweet perfume, she smiled at me my heart went boom, then everybody in the room at __ __ __, they said 'Man be careful, that chick belongs to __ __."  Clue: The first two words are a name.  No, it's not Little Egypt (555).

The countdown is in effect and the last 'list' has almost been completed.  That doesn't mean there might not be another list before we leave.  Items not found in Chiang Rai are being hunted down to fill the box we will mail back to Thailand.  With three full days left, we're half here and half there.  

Is it just me, or does anyone else call stores by their 'old school' names?  To me it will always be the Fox Hills Mall, there will always be a Thrifty or Sav-on, and the store at La Cienega and Rodeo will always be Fedco.  It's just like that.  

After lunch we went out to deal with the current list.  At the mall Lisa spotted a shoe store with an unusual name.
  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

             Peace,
                       Danny

"Let us then be what we are, and speak what we think,
and in all things keep ourselves loyal to truth."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: