Thursday, January 2, 2014

Smile

Hi,

Well, here we are in 2014 and I find myself trying to lasso a cloud.  An iCloud to be specific.  Why is it that everything technical has to be updated, even though it's working just fine.  I know, progress is the answer but sometimes it takes one step forward and two steps back.  I hope you all are getting these messages.  

The 'Easy Monday' song was "My Boyfriend's Back" by The Angels.  Since I didn't send a 'Zany Day' song, I'm giving you two days to figure out the 'Old School Friday' tune.  It's very old, but it was featured in two popular films years later, so you just may have heard it.  "__ __, well it's time to go.  (repeat)  I hate to leave you but I really must say __ __, __."  Hint:  The actual title is three words.  The recording had a great vocal bass line.

We rang in the New Year with August.  He and Lisa played a long game of Monopoly, we watched the ball drop and then tried to make noise with some popping things that didn't pop.  It was more fun that way I suppose.  We did a lot of laughing.  

I always enjoy the Rose Parade.  It's cool that they play it all day, just in case you missed part of it.  That was the case today, since we left in the middle for a trip to Altadena.  We hung out with my mom and that is always a treat.  My condolences to all the Stanford fans out there.  It was an exciting game.

One of the things that really struck me while we were driving around Palo Alto was the number of 'High End' motor cars.  From the luxury to the exotic, I guess the per-capita income is reflected in the machines people drive.  They even have a McLaren dealership.  (If you've never seen one, Google it)  I was getting a sore neck from trying to take in all the sleek things I only see on the internet.  (555) 

Hummingbirds are only found on the North and South American continents.  We miss them, but one has been coming to visit us at the feeder outside our window.  Lisa captured this beautiful moment through the shade.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

             Peace,
                       Danny

"There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all."
~Unknown

No comments: