Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Learning


Hi,

Today was a mellow day at The Big Brown House.  There was a massage, and a 'run' for essentials.  The rest of the day was spent staying cool and being creative.

There has only been one response to the 'Easy Monday' song.  Bravo to Ricardo for remembering this classic:
"I'm not the kind to use a pencil or rule, I'm handy with love and I'm no fool.  I fix broken hearts, I know that I truly can.  If your broken heart needs repair, then I'm the man to see.  I whisper sweet things, you tell all your friends.  They'll come runnin' to me.  Here is the main thing I want to say...."  Hint:  The title is 2 words. 

This morning when we took the dogs out to play, they got fixated on the front gate.  They both would run for their ball and then change course and plop down, looking under the gate.  Sometimes the neighbor dog will come and they just stare at each other.  Today there was nothing on the other side.  It made for a very distracted play time.

Tuesdays are Lisa massage days.  After I picked her up we went to the vets for dog supplies.  I stayed in the car to keep away from the 'cat vibes' that I encounter in the waiting room.  As I sat there, I saw a big gray cat in a cage leaving the office and it made me glad that I didn't go in.  

Traffic and parking have become the subject of conversation around town.  Today was no exception when we went to the bakery.  I don't know where all the 'extra' cars have come from, but the last two times we have stopped for bread I've had to park in a 'non parking' spot like a driveway or in front of the bus stop.  The bus stop doesn't really have a bus that stops so people park there for short times.  I guess there used to be a city bus that made scheduled pick-ups there but now they seem to be servicing another part of town.  

After lunch we had a visit from a friend who missed the party, but wanted to bring a gift.  She is a Russian expat who teaches at the Montessori school near our house.  It struck me again today, that we have friends from many parts of the world.  I think I'm going to start asking each of them how they ended up in Chiang Rai.  The stories should be fascinating.  

In the late afternoon we took a walk around the yard with the dogs.  It was too hot for them to run, so we just did garden appreciation.  Daku saw something move in the plant life around the pool and decided to investigate.  He would push his nose into the undergrowth, wait, then move it again.  A few times his head would jerk back as it startled and the he'd dive back in.  It was either a lizard or a frog.  If it had been a frog there could have been serious problems so we got him distracted.  He'd try to sneak back, but eventually he gave up.

We both spent time with our respective crafts, with Lisa working on her latest cast acrylic print and me reworking a couple of my songs.  It was a good day.

Today's photo is from the shoe department at Big C.  I was blown away at the sight of so many tiny little shoes and sandals.

                  Waiting for Tiny Little Feet

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"I am learning to be patient and compassionate with myself
as I gain the courage to be true to myself."
~Shakti Gawain

No comments: