Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

This seems to be a day for new adventures.  An afternoon photo-shoot and 'clubbing' in the evening.  Amazing.

Well, the mail poured in and it was all correct.  The 'Zany Day' tune was "Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds" by The Beatles.  The only thing left to complete the week is 'Old School Friday'.  I think you know this one from the 60s:
"__, yesterday my life was filled with rain.  __, you smiled at me and really eased my pain.  Now the dark days are gone, and the bright days are here, my __ one shines so sincere.  __, one so true, I love you."  Hint: It's a name.

When Chalit told us he wanted to photograph us, he gave us wardrobe instructions as well.  We were to wear black turtlenecks and he wanted me to also wear a 'P-coat'.  With the climate being what it is in Thailand, a turtleneck is the last thing one wants to wear.  We managed to improvise and get the look he wanted.  A Navy P coat is a heavy item that is also not found here.  We compromised with a black corduroy jacket with the collar turned up.  When we got to the studio, he took Lisa to 'the room' and they spent about 20 minutes taking pictures.  I hung out in the lobby with Chalit's brother Nu, talking about music and guitars.  Then it was my turn.  The actual studio is a large room with a very high (2 story) ceiling.  It was very dark since he wanted to control all the light with his various devices.  He sat me on a stool and put me in position and began adjusting the lights.  It's the first time I've had my picture taken when I was told not to smile.  He shot a series and then changed the lighting for another effect.  When we were done I went to the dressing room to change and mentioned another costume variation for another time.  He wanted to try it right then so we went back for more photos.  In the end we got to see his work since he used his digital camera.  We were very pleased with the results.  Chalit will pick the photos he wants to keep since he has an image in his mind.  In the future he wants to do another shoot with black and white film.  

Knowing that we'd be going out in the evening, we were lucky enough to get in a little nap.  Lisa worked on a new piece and I ran the dogs.  After dinner she worked with Tatt on his English.  

We have a date to meet Boot and her boyfriend Rudy at the India Bar at 9pm.  They have been asking us for weeks, but we've been getting over 'the cold' and kept putting it off.  This will be the first time we've actually gone to someplace that was a 'bar'.  We're told that it's actually a hang-out, whatever that means, and that there is good live music.  They say it's not just a drinking place.  What?  I'll fill you in on Monday.  

One more photo from the Flower Show before I go.  This is one of the orchid gardens that ran the length of the old prison wall.


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Now it's time for a 'Funny'

                    Peace,
                               Danny


No comments: