Thursday, February 14, 2013

Help


Hi,

This has been a busy, crazy day.  Things got fixed, things got broken, and visitors arrived.  The adventure continues.
Well, three people knew the 'Zany Day' song on the first pass.  Here are excerpts from the last verse.  They might help:  "...Twenty years of schoolin' and they put you on the day shift.  Look out kid, they keep it all hid, better jump down a manhole, light yourself a candle...  Don't wanna be a bum, you better chew gum, the pump don't work 'cause the vandals took the handles."  Hint:  The artist's real initials are R.Z.  He considers himself a poet, and he knew a tambourine man.  This song title deals with what lies beneath the earth.  Hmm.

The day began with a visit from a 'mechanic' who was called to help us deal with a leak on the water pump for the house.  It wasn't a big problem and he fixed it for free.  We called him back to see if he could work on the kitchen sewer that kept flooding.  He and a helper were able to solve that problem as well.  

About the time the mechanic arrived, Boot's brother and his girlfriend pulled up in a Tuk-Tuk.  They traveled up from Rayong by bus.  The last time we saw him was several years ago when he was a monk.  He looked so different in street clothes and with hair, but I recognized him.  They will be staying in Boot's apartment for a few days, I guess.  

I had to go to the market for chicken and on my way, I stopped by Bliss Studios to pick up some organic coffee that Chalit got for us.  He was in the middle of a photo shoot with Chiang Rai United (Football Club) players.  There were two guys on their way into 'the room' and neither of them was Thai.  This seems to be the case with all the major teams.  There are local players, but there are also imported players.  I think they were speaking German.  I'll have to ask questions later.   Today's photo is from the session I did with Chalit last week.


Thursday is my new day to go to New Life Foundation.  Today I was on my way when my car got hit by two women on a motorbike.  They ran a red light at a high rate of speed and took me by surprise.  I wasn't hurt at all, the women didn't seem to be seriously hurt, the car needs major help, but is drivable (to the shop).  A taxi driver was the first on the scene and he called the rescue guys.  They came roaring up in a pick-up truck with a cab on the back.  They performed first-aid on one of the women and then an ambulance took her to the hospital.  The police came, took lots of pictures and interviewed me.  I lucked out in that the main officer spoke very good English.  After a rep from the insurance company came, I was told to follow him to the police station.  Hmm.  We met with the officer who told me that when the women are released from the hospital, we will meet at the station and discuss the accident.  What?  We have a high-level policeman friend who wants to meet us at the station and I think it's a good idea.  It's all very surreal right now.  What really blew me away was the two women, sitting in the street, waiing me.  I guess they knew they were wrong and this was a way of showing it.  

Life goes on and Sunday we'll be having a birthday party here at the house.  It will be a gathering of old friends and new and should be fun.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life
that no one can sincerely try to help another
without helping themselves."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: