Wednesday, December 26, 2012

What You Do


Hi,

I hope you had a wonderful day.  We spent the morning with Jeff, Anna, C-Bass and August.  The evening was spent in Pasadena with family and it was lots of fun.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "The Christmas Song" as sung by Nat 'King' Cole.  Now it's time for another challenging round of 'Zany Day' song.  "I remember when rock was young, me and Suzie had so much fun.  Holding hands and skimming stones, had an old gold Chevy, a place of my own.  But the biggest kick I ever got was doing the __ __, while the other kids were rocking 'round the clock we were hopping and bopping to the __ __."

On Christmas morning it's usually the kids who are up first, but today it was us.  When everyone finally got up we had a yummy breakfast of cinnamon buns and turkey bacon.  Then it was time to dive into the presents under the tree.  The dogs, Peaches and Lola, had already had time to scope out the packages and figured out which ones were theirs.  There was definite merriment in the room and it continued until it was time for lunch.  

After a  lunch with a main course of turkey, dressing and veggies it was time for a nap.  This time it was brought on more by the turkey than Mr. Lag.  It seems like the cold weather has increased my appetite.  Hmm. 

Here is a photo of what the awesome 'Seven Fishes' dinner looked like on Tuesday night.  Anna created a delicious meal and also created a warm setting that made it a special night. 

 
In the evening we picked up my Aunt Sara and drove to Pasadena for dinner at The Westin Hotel.  My brother Denny and his wife Sheila, my mom, and our dear friends Blue and Ming gathered at a long table and had more turkey.  We hadn't seen Ming since he graduated from Stanford.  Denny, Blue and I always have conversations that end up in laughter.  After our meal we drove to Altadena and exchanged gifts and stories at my moms house.  This year we went way back in time, sharing tales of growing up on Wilson Ave.  Those were the times.  

Monday, when I was on my way to my mom's, I passed a man on Lincoln Bl. riding a horse down the street.  I should have made a U-turn and snapped a photo since it rivals some of the 'scenes from Chiang Rai'.  If I see him again, he's getting his picture taken.  

This trip has once again given me a pronounced traffic perspective.  Things are so orderly here, even when the traffic is heavy.  For the most part, people stop at stop signs and yield the right of way.  If those two things were to occur in Chiang Rai I would be a much more relaxed driver.  It's also nice to not have motorbikes going down the wrong side of the road, or turning in front of me.  Hmm, I could get spoiled driving here.  

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                     Peace,
                                Danny

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."

No comments: