Thursday, December 6, 2012

Knowledge


Hi,

It was a cold, foggy morning that greeted us today.  We seem to be in a pattern of hot and cold.  We spent the morning in the street handling business, and took delivery of Lisa's artwork in the afternoon.  Tonight we saw things in the night sky.

So, clearly you remember this 'Zany Day' song.  Just for fun, I'm skipping down to my favorite part.  Sing along:
"I see a little silhouetto of a man, scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango.  Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me.  Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo....."  Clue:  The title is not in the lyric of the song, which is really an opera of sorts.  

This morning, after a visit to the bank, we had a meeting with Khun Natty to talk about the T-shirt project.  We should have a full supply in about a week, and someone is going to be selling them at Walking Street.  There is also a gift shop location that may want to carry them.  Natty said people see them in the restaurant and want to buy them.  This could get interesting.  

Natty told us that the family restaurant was super busy yesterday because of The King's birthday and Father's Day.  Here is a photo of the turn-out in Bangkok, in front of the palace, where The King made an appearance.

                Paying Tribute to Their King

On our way home we stopped at a fairly new 'Everything Store' to get some rope.  I looked up the word in my language app in my phone.  I didn't add the 'classifier' so when I said the basic word they looked at me like I was a foreigner (555).  They called for a young man who spoke a little English and we walked around the store until he finally figured out what I wanted.  Then I heard him tell the others and I was half right.  Unfortunately, you have to be 100% right or you can get ignored.  The place was a wonderland of 'stuff'.  Kind of like a 99cent store in terms of assortment and quality.  We may go back in the future.

This afternoon we got Lisa's artwork from Bangkok.  The three crates are in the guest room until we finish emptying them.  Tomorrow they will take their place in the carport and we will begin rehanging the cast acrylic prints around the house.  We've missed them.  

We got another notice from NASA that the Space Station would be doing a fly-over this evening.  We went out to see and at first we saw nothing.  Then we started seeing fireflies, which was very cool.  We were just about to give up when Lisa spotted a bright light moving quickly across the sky.  It was the Station, speeding through space and it struck me that there were people in that thing so I said 'Hi'.  It's so easy to forget that they're up there living, working, sleeping as they orbit around us.  You can go to the NASA website and look for the notification section.  They will send you an email when the Station will be visible in your area.  So cool.

Tomorrow morning we have a play-date with Jago.  In the afternoon I go to New Life, and in the evening there is the Art Bridge event with the bamboo sculptures, music and dance.  It's gonna be a busy day.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important."
~Teal'c

No comments: