Monday, December 24, 2012

Laugh


Hi,

Twas the day before, the night before Christmas and all through the streets, the shoppers were looking for that last special treat.  The merchants were hoping for one more big sale and drinkers were hoping to stay out of jail.  HoHoHo.

The 'Old School Friday' tune was "Please Be Home for Christmas" by Charles Brown.  Although I think Mr. Brown has the definitive version, you will probably hear The Eagles recording more than any other.   Our 'Easy Monday' song is a classic that I just know you will respond to:  "...They know that Santa's on his way.  He's bringing lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh.  And every mother's child will stop and spy, to see if reindeer really know how to fly..."

This morning the message is arriving a little later than usual.  That's because I seem to have defeated Mr. Lag and managed to 'sleep in' way past my usual wake-up time.  There is the added fact that a certain Golden Retriever was not at my bedside to wake me up.  Whenever we come to America I have to go through a 'time shift'.  In Thailand I write the 'morning message' the night before.  So, your Monday morning message is written on my Monday night.  You get it on your Monday morning.  While in America I have to write the message on the night before so I can send it out early on the appropriate day.  Did you follow all that?  There will be a test.

                   Can't you stay and play?

Our arrival at LAX was on time and immigration was fairly smooth.  In the baggage area of the international terminal there were men in red vests on hand to help women with their luggage.  A nice touch, although some of us men could also use some help with our overweight bags.  (555)  The biggest shock of our arrival was when we walked out into the night air.  Oh my, what a slap in the face.  The biting cold air made it clear that we were not in Chiang Rai.  I am grateful that the temps seem to be creeping up a bit.

Driving out of the Hertz lot in our rental, I went through the usual 'signal reflex syndrome'.  The wipers kept going on when I put on the turn signal.  Ha, it was the wrong lever.  Even when I kept telling myself "Think before you blink" I'd still hit the lever on the right.  I'm doing better now, but there is still the occasional 'wipe' of the windshield.  We also have to concentrate sometimes, when approaching the car, to make sure we go to the correct side.  Fortunately, I have managed to stay on the 'right' side of the street.  

So far we've hung out with Mr. August, gone to dinner with The Family, visited with my mom, and dressed quite warmly.  

More of our Adventures in America will continue tomorrow.  

Have a Great Week.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"You know you're in a good place in life
when you can laugh at what would have 
made you mad in the past
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style 

No comments: