Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Regret

Hi,

Chiang Rai got the same old song weather wise. Rain almost all day and we stayed home. Lisa painted and I studied my music applications. A nice day on the compound.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Walk On By" by Dionne Warwick. Until someone sends me a year to explore, it's going to be 'Dealer's Choice' on Wednesdays. That means I get to go wild and pick something from whenever. It might be easy, it might be hard. This is from 1970: "Lookin' at the devil, grinnin' at his gun. Fingers start shakin', I begin to run. Bullets start chasin', I begin to stop. We begin to wrestle, I was on the top... I want to __ __ __ __ __ __ __"
Clue: This family affair had some groovin' hits in the early 70s, the number of blanks will be deceiving. Hmm.

Off in the distance, someone is practicing the bass guitar. There is that familiar thumping that we hear during festivals. This is coming from other direction and fortunately, they're playing a song with 'changes' so it's not monotonous.

For the second day in a row, BamBam has come upstairs at exactly 5:40pm to get us for dinner. Not our dinner, but hers. She comes to remind Lisa that it's time for her to eat. Somehow she just knows. Usually, after dinner both dogs go to Boot's house and hang out. Then we get Daku around 8pm and he spends the night with us. This evening Daku went into Boot's house and then came back out. He wanted to come up with us. After about 10 minutes upstairs he was ready to return to Boot's. Sometimes I think they think they run the place.

This afternoon Lisa started reading some of my earliest posts about the transition to Thailand. Reading about the packing up of the Nina Place house, the yard sales, and dinners with August, C-Bass, and Darryl brought back fond memories. It's all archived on the blog site below. A lot has happened in four years.

Tomorrow I'm going to have coffee with my friend Siam. This time I know where I'm going so I can be on time. He goes to the coffee shop two times a week, so maybe we can make it a regular thing. Conversations with those who can communicate in English helps me to learn more about the culture and the history. I'm sure I'll have more anecdotes to share with you.

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"You may regret many things in life but you will never regret being too kind or too fair."
~Brian Tracy

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: