Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let Go

Hi,

It looks like the weather may have turned a corner. We had another sunny day in Chiang Rai. Overnight rain is just the way I like it.

So far, no one has sent me the title of our 'Dealer's Choice' song. There was a big clue in yesterday's introduction.
"Some people have everything, and other people don't. But everything don't mean a thing if it ain't the thing you want. __ __!, __ __!." Hint: If you say what you think or mean, you would "__ __." The band name includes the leader, the name of their town, and a street, and the way they play. Hmm, that quite a mouthful.

Today we stayed at home again. I did go out for a trip to the coffee shop, hoping to have another chat with my friend Siam, but he didn't make it. Other than that, it was a day of odds and ends around the house. In the afternoon we went for a swim and enjoyed the scenery of our yard.

I've been reading through some of my early reflections on living in Thailand and it made me realize that four years is a long time. One of the fortunate things for us has been the fact that we've had so much help along the way. There is always someone willing to show or tell us what to do in any given situation. Some expats arrive with just themselves, but we got here and had support from the beginning. That made all the difference. There are still many mysteries but there's always an answer if we're willing to ask. Hmm.

One of the mysteries that has presented itself recently is the sound of large explosions in the distance. We have no idea what's being blown up, but no one seems alarmed by it. We now know the difference between thunder, fireworks, and explosions. I guess that counts for something.

After lunch today we were watching TV. What an odd feeling to be watching 'Monday Night Football' on Thursday afternoon. I haven't seen much American football, as it's called here, in a long time. It seems so different now, after watching the 'other' football, and the many sports that are shown here. Yesterday we watched the badminton mixed doubles World Championship. The adventure continues.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"When I let go of what I am,
I become what I might be."
~Lao Tzu

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: