Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Who?

Hi,

We had a busy day on the compound today. Banging, cutting, digging, mowing, and a little raining. The mystery has been solved, and the dogs get a new treat.

Well, a few of you jumped right into 'Easy Monday'. I even heard from friends who don't usually play. Here's more:
"I never wanted to by your weekend lover, I only wanted to be some kind of friend... It's such a shame our friendship had to end. __ __, (repeat 5 times) I only wanted to see you underneath the __ __." Clue: At one point the artist was known as a symbol, the song/movie were in a category of their own. There is a color involved.

This morning the yard crew showed up, right before the rain-gutter crew. Imagine the mix of lawn machines, hammers on tin, drills, and weed-wackers, and you get a pretty good idea of how it sounded around here. Mid morning we had to escape so we went to the 'little market' in search of spinach. We didn't find any but Lisa found an interesting looking leafy vegetable that was pretty tasty. We also got some pineapple.

A few days ago Lisa was reading about nutrition for dogs, and found an entry that mentioned frozen carrots as a chew treat. Yesterday the dogs got their first frozen carrots. They loved them. They had another one this morning, and while they don't last as long as the rawhide bones, they're much healthier. They finished their carrots, and looked up as if to say 'Where's the bone?'. It's like we tell Boot, they're always hungry.

This morning I told Boot about the people I saw by the road last night. She said they were collecting bugs. Some kind of flying things that swarm, and I guess, get knocked down by the rain. Anyway, Boot laughed when I asked her if she'd ever eaten them. She's from the south, and said northern people will eat anything. She was joking, I think.
So there you have it. Bugs are a delicacy for many people here in Thailand. No, I haven't tried any, but when Sam was here he ate several kinds. Hmm.

Since the night time is the only time the yard is ours, we're off for a swim.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If I try to be like him,
Who will be like me?"
~Yiddish proverb

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: