Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beginning

Hi,

Today began with a clear, blue sky with no rain in sight. Tonight it's raining. Happens like that all the time. I learned a few more things about Chiang Rai today. Read on.

A few of you recognized this tune from a Canadian band. I'll leave you with the chorus, which gives you all the clues you'll need: "__ __ are cryin'. __ __ have seen a lot of loves, but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you." Hint: As for the band's name, I gave it to you in yesterdays hint. Hmm.

This morning I went into town to get light bulbs and bread. No big deal, but when I got to the bakery I ran into a new friend that I met at the recent art show. He mentioned that he knew a guy from Belgium who was looking to get together with some guys to play music. He also told me that there's a jazz club here in Chiang Rai. Who knew?

Speaking of clubs, today I was following a truck that had a banner on the back. It was advertising a show for a young man who is billed as Boy Peacemaker. He's going to be at the Face Bar on June 9. Hmm.

The work on the rain gutters continues. Since it seems our rainy season is coming early, our timing is just right. They bring the basic pieces to the house, then cut and solder it in the driveway. It's always interesting to watch craftsmen do their 'thing', and this is no exception. When they're done, all of the silver channels will have to be painted brown. Right now they stick out like a sore thumb.

Late this afternoon while Lisa was teaching ballet, I had coffee with a friend of mine from Chiang Mai who was traveling through. Since he was on the highway we met at Big C, and spent about 45 minutes catching up. It's nice to be in a small town.

Have a Mellow Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished.
That will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: