Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hole

Hi,

This was a day of revelations. Dropped off a laptop for service, watched a traffic encounter, and watched burning that was too close for comfort. Pulse back to normal, check.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Close To You" by The Carpenters. You knew but didn't bother to write. That's OK. (Ha)
"I feel so unsure, as I take your hand, and lead you to the dance floor. As the music dies, something in your eyes, calls to mind a silver screen, and all its sad good-byes. Clue: The title is in two words. You won't remember, and then 'Wham', it will hit you in the face. More clues tomorrow.

When we started planning for our life in Thailand, we got two laptops. I got an Apple, and Lisa got a PC since she'd been using that format at work, and it seemed like we'd have all the bases covered. Over time it became clear that the PC we got was not up to the task. We are now an Apple family, but there is information on the PC that needs to be retrieved. It's stuck on stupid right now so I took it to a place I kept hearing about. The Tech Center is quite a deal, off a tiny street in the market part of town. Had no idea it was there. I guess I'll find out in a few days if it can be revived. I think it will be OK.

This afternoon we were coming home from downtown and there was a truck behind me. I noticed another pick-up in the bike lane next to him, and just figured he was going to make a left turn. Then I watched, in my mirror, as the truck in the bike lane forced the nose of his truck behind me. When the light changed, he blocked the truck that had been behind me, jumped out, and started what looked like a heated discussion. Oh my. Chiang Rai road rage?

This evening, after dinner, I went out to turn off the sprinklers on the waterfall plants. I could see smoke rising from behind the wall, and heat waves. After closer investigation, I discovered that there were two fires burning in the field next door. A man was standing there watching the fires. For one of my pet peeves to be so close was not acceptable, and yet, all I could do was accept it. It's not OK, but I couldn't make him stop. We got Boot to come out and talk to him, but all she said was that 'He cannot speak'. The fires didn't last long, and most of the smoke went north, so I didn't have to put on my super hero suit and put out the fires. That's my fantasy, 'Extinguisher Man'.
Oh well, whatever.

After a day of 'revelations', I'm all calm again and wishing you a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you find yourself in a hole,
the first thing to do is to stop digging."
~Will Rogers

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: