Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was a quiet, cloudy, rainy day here in Chiang Rai. Most of the day was spent at the house. The artist painted, the dogs panted, and I watched it all happen. (Ha)

I'll probably get mail saying 'I knew that song' when I tell you it was "Born Under A Bad Sign" by Albert King. Cream did an awesome cover of the tune. Now it's time for 'Old School Friday'. Are you Kats and Kittens ready for this golden oldie from '58? "Well, you can rock it, you can roll it, you can slop it, you can stroll it __ __ __. When the record starts spinnin' you 'chalypso' when you chicken __ __ __. Do the dance sensation that is sweepin' the nation __ __ __" Hint: It's about an event, a place, and it's sung by someone who's name I share along with a group. There, I've said too much.

We knew that it was going to rain as soon as we saw the early morning sky. Not only were there dark, rain filled clouds approaching from the west, you could literally feel the moisture in the air. It didn't actually start raining until the afternoon. We got a few fake outs and then, just as it was time to hit the pool, the rains came. It's really a good thing, considering the drought we've been in, and the fact that all the fields around us are newly planted. We can see faint rows of green in the furrows behind the house; a sign that a new crop is on the way. I wonder what it will be, and if they will actually harvest it when it matures? I'll just have to wait and see.

Today Lisa finished panel number three of a four-panel series. When it's finished it will be the biggest image she's done. The four panels make one big picture. Images flow from one panel to the next, and it's quite something to see. She's also been working on some local produce. Learning to paint Thai fruits, and veggies is a whole new thing.

Last night Daku went out for his evening play with Lisa. He's into routines, and chasing the yellow ball is one of them. They played while I wrote to you. Later in the evening he came over to me and started mouthing my elbow, which in 'Daku' means 'I want to go outside'. I took him out and all he wanted to do was play ball. We hadn't done the routine, and he wanted his game. If only we could change his morning routine of waking up with the sun.

Have a Wonderfilled Weekend. Stay tuned for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A man and his wife were driving their Recreational Vehicle across the country and were nearing a town spelled Kissimee. They noted the strange spelling and tried to figure how to pronounce it - KISS-a-me; kis-A-me; kis-a-ME. They grew more perplexed as they drove into the town.

Since they were hungry, they pulled into a place to get something to eat. At the counter, the man said to the waitress:

"My wife and I can't seem to be able to figure out how to pronounce this place. Will you tell me where we are and say it very slowly so that I can understand."

The waitress looked at him and said: "Buuurrrgerrr Kiiiinnnng."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: