Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yourself

Hi,

Today we had a morning black-out, an early afternoon storm, and a visit to the vet. This evening we had dinner from a bag, and Daku is not a 'puppy' anymore. Hmm.

In case you hadn't noticed, the 'Easy Monday' song was "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones. Moving right along, see if you know this one: "One child grows up to be, somebody that just loves to learn. And another child grows up to be, somebody you'd just love to burn. Mom loves the both of them, you see it's in the blood..." Clue: The title is in two words. One of those words is also in the name of the group. Notice how I'm trying to be sly with the clues?

This morning I went out and did a few errands. They were of the 'handyman' variety. Bamboo for the leaning plants, and something to clamp on the upstairs drain plug so it would work again. I was successful on both adventures. The bamboo was a little weird because I was shown a big pile of fairly small diameter stalks but none of them was really what I was looking for. I chose one that was close, and while the man went to get his saw I started poking around and found a smaller piece. As he was cutting that I came across an even smaller one. I ended up with one extra piece that I'm sure I'll be needing at some point. Down on 'Bus Station Street', or 'Hardware Alley', I drew a picture of what I needed, and was taken to a bin where I found it. Whenever I go into the store they always know I'm going to end up drawing a picture or showing them a photo on my phone. That's how we communicate.

The pool guys were in the last stages of their work, vacuuming the pond, when the power went out. Nothing to do but sweep, and sit around until it returned. It wasn't off for a long time, but it's a strange thing to have it happen during the day. It's usually storm related.

Lisa noticed that BamBam has some kind of irritation in her right eye so we took her to the vet. After a long wait, it was determined that it might be the result of an insect bite. Nothing serious but she has drops that she gets every hour. Oh my. While I'm on the subject of dogs, Daku has become a bit bolder now that he's not a puppy. We discovered that he can put his front paws on the sink and get his ball, or anything else he fancies. Now the balls go in the cupboard and Daku is watched more closely. I call him Mr. Mischief.

Boot was sick today and Lisa had ballet class so Tye offered to stop and pick up some food on the way home from the class. They ordered it on the way to class and picked it up afterwards. It was soup, and it came in a plastic bag. This is a very common way of containing liquids here. Everything from soft drinks to soup is put in a bag for 'take away'.

We've had quite a day, and now it's time for an evening swim. Looks like it's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make
you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: