Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Appreciation

Hi,

It's been a gorgeous, hot day in Chiang Rai. I feel better, the boat got wet, the internet failed, and did I mention that it's HOT?

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" by The Beatles. Shame on all of you who said it was by Elton John. No cookies for you today. Play with this one: "You ain't got no kind of feeling inside. I got something that will sure 'nuff set your stuff on fire..." Clues: It's a request for information from a singer and a funk band with a ton of hits. They're looking for something positive. Hmm.

Well, just as I predicted, visualized, forecasted, and imagined, I turned the proverbial 'corner' with the cold. Today was a marked difference from yesterday. Not as achy, and more energy. This afternoon I got some sun, which felt good. The only problem with 'getting sun', is that the air is so hot that you want to hide from it all. I went into the pool. It was a great relief to not feel so uncomfortable. After a light swim I got the boat and tried it for the first time.

The little speed boat is just that. The thing is fast. Our pool is 11 meters (36 ft.) from corner to corner and the little hot-rod zips down to the other end within a few seconds. I have to work on my turning skills, especially when it's coming toward me. That's when everything is reversed. It actually sounds like a motorboat with it's twin screws (propellors). Now I know what to do when the water is too cold to swim. Thinking about some floating cones for an obstacle course. Hmm.

Early this afternoon the internet went away. This hasn't happened in a long time. I waited for a polite period of time and then called Khun Nucha, my contact at CAT. Even though I knew what he'd say, I just had to call. Something about a cabun (cable to you) that was broken somewhere. Oh. Called again a few hours later and learned that many workers are looking for the problem. Last call of the day I was told that it might not be fixed today. Oh damn. So, the guys from CAT just came and left. They did what looked like a sophisticated test with a device I'd never seen, talked about some lines on a graph, and then left. Not sure if they'll be back today or not.

Meanwhile, Jindah came over with her daughter and two other little girls. They've been frolicking in the pond for over an hour and show no signs of tiring. There's something about kids and water. It can go on and on, as long as you let it. I remember those times.

This message is probably coming to you from Doi Chaang Coffee in the heart of Chiang Rai.

Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing;
it makes what is excellent in others,
belong to us as well."
~Voltaire

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: