Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was a mellow day here in Chiang Rai. Another vet adventure, guest swimmers, and a connection to the past was established.

Our mid-week song was "(It's A) Family Affair" by Sly and The Family Stone. I gave you a ton of hints on that one. Now, gather 'round Kook Kats and Kitties and check out this groove from the archives of jazz land as we go deep into 'Old School Friday'. With a nod to all the jazz buffs out there, I bring you a little shot of 'vocalese' to ease you into the weekend. "There I go, there I go, there I go, there I go...Pretty baby, you are the soul who snaps my control. Such a funny thing but every time you're near me I never can behave..... I'm I insane or do I really see heaven in your eyes? Bright as stars that shine up above you in the clear blue skies.... Oh, is there any wonder why I'm really feeling in the mood for love?.... And you can blow now if you want to we're through." Hint: It's the blending of a sax solo from a standard and a lyrical take without comparison. The solo was created in 1949, the lyric in '52 and the popular recording was released in '54. Oh, the history. Are you in the mood?

This morning we had to take BamBam back to the vet for a blood test to see if her thyroid medicine needs adjusting. This time we took the truck, but I haven't been driving it so the battery was dead. We jumped it with the Vios and roared off into town. After the appointment, battery still down so three guys from Dr. Arnon's pushed me a few yards to get started. Life in the slow lane. BamBam did real good during the procedure.

We had a long nap, and then a warm swim. The water was up to 88F, which is quite comfortable for walking in, and cooling off. We did our laps as the clouds began rolling in, followed by thunder in the distance. It looked like it was about to rain, but it didn't. It waited until later.

Not long after our swim Jindah, Leah, and a little friend came over. When Lisa saw them in the yard they both exclaimed 'Wai Nam, wai nam' meaning 'Swim, swim'. Duh. They are so cute in the little pool, splashing, kicking, and pretending to swim with the rubber rings, and paddle boards. Jindah's mother came with them today. She was dressed in traditional Akha attire. I didn't get a chance to meet her, but she has one of those faces that is full of 'character'. The kids played in the water until the winds became too strong. It rained lightly, and moved away.

A few months ago I told you about meeting an artist from L.A. who was here for an Art Festival. I got an email from Mark Greenfield today telling me that he was forwarding my contact info to a couple of artists that I knew back in my college days (1961) and beyond. I had been thinking about them, and wondering how and what they were doing, and now contact will be made. Life is good.

Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd. It's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A man and a woman were asleep like two innocent babies.
Suddenly, at 3 o'clock in the morning, a loud noise came from outside. The woman, bewildered, jumped up from the bed and yelled at the man 'Holy Crap. That must be my husband!'
So the man jumped out of the bed; scared and naked he jumped out the window. He smashed himself on the ground, ran through a thorn bush and to his car as fast as he could go. A few minutes later he returned and went up to the bedroom and screamed at the woman, 'I AM your husband!'
The woman yelled back, 'Yeah, then why were you running?'

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: